[8]

C a s s i e

"I love you," my boyfriend says to me on the phone as I hold it against my left ear, standing outside on the balcony shivering in the cold air. I don't say it back and he hangs up ending the call seconds later.

Do I love him?

I don't know.

Stepping back inside my house I go back upstairs. Issac is shoving books in his backpack and my room is spotless when I walk inside closing the door behind me. "Wow, you actually did it." A chuckle comes out of my mouth as I look around. Everything is neatly stacked in drawers and inside my closet on the shelves.

Issac gives me a bright smile, shrugging on his backpack as we're both standing face to face not sure what to say after making out on my bed just minutes ago.

Hell, what do you say after kissing your boyfriend's best friend?

"I should probably get going..." he trails off with a hand pushing his hair back.

I nod with a smile and open the door. "I will walk you downstairs."

My mother comes inside the house as soon as we both reach the bottom of the stairs. "Issac!" She drops her shopping bags to the floor and walks towards him with open arms as he stands frozen in place. Ever since we were kids she always liked him. Told me, she thought I had made the biggest mistake for choosing Jimin over him.

Maybe she's right.

They do say a mother knows best for a reason.

"Hi, Mrs. Edwards. You look lovely as always. It's so nice to see you." He says as she steps back from the hug. Quickly, he picks up her shopping bags before she does and sets them on the dining table while she thanks him.

"Oh thank you. It's so good to see you too. Wow, you gotten big. The last time I saw you, you were about the same height as Cassie now look at you."

Shyly, Issac shrugs with a wide smile and very pink cheeks. "Well, I have been eating my vegetables,"

My mother giggles at his lame joke and I roll my eyes with my arms crossing over my chest.

"Oh, will you stay for dinner?" She asks him.

I suddenly freak out. "No, mom he has to go home. It's a school night, remember?" They both look at me and so does my sister as she's standing in front of the sink rinsing out a coffee mug with her hair pulled back in a messy ponytail.

"You guys weren't thinking about tonight being a school night when you were both in your bedroom just minutes ago, now were you?" Brooke scoffs and rolls her eyes while I flipped her off with my middle finger.

"Mind your business," I say back.

"You two stop it right now." My mother yells at us both, forgetting our guest for a moment but then she snaps out of it and then smiles at him. "Please stay for dinner. It's been way too long since you last stayed over and tasted my delicious dishes."

Can't really say not to her, Issac just gives in. "Okay, I'll stay for dinner."

Glaring at the back of his head full of hair, I mentally cursed him out while my mother claps and Brooke pours herself a cup of coffee, rolling her eyes.

"Wonderful." My mother then glares at me. "Why didn't you feed him while he was here all this time?"

"We've already eaten before we came," I shrug and roll my eyes behind her back as she pulls open the fridge for Issac who's taking food from out the bags.

Brooke snickers looking between him and I while carrying her cup of coffee with her out the kitchen. "That's not all they did,"

"Shut up!" I yell as she trudges upstairs, laughing.