[15]

C a s s i e

Tonight the stands are filled with students waving their hands and homemade signs in the air as our football team makes another touchdown. It's a home game with the score being fifteen to zero.

The loud cheering coming from the crowd and cheerleaders makes it hard for me to hear my own thoughts. Cliques and couples leaves the game to purchase hot dogs, popcorn, or pizza at the concession stand.

My body shiver underneath my leather jacket and jeans as I hold open a book between my palms not really paying attention to the game. I don't care who wins.

"You know the whole point of coming to the game is to watch your team play, Cassie." Nadia tosses popcorn in the middle of my book.

I didn't even want to come to the game in the first place and the only reason I did come is because Janet wanted me and Nadia to support Aaron on the field as well.

I toss the food on the ground and then flip the page. "I know but football bores me."

Jason returns with popcorn and two soda pops, sitting down beside me after sneaking a peek at Aaliyah who's standing on the track field talking to Sarika, and watching the game.

"What did I miss?" He asks me.

"I think we scored another touchdown," I snap open the soda pop with an index finger as soon as he gives it to me. Him being in love with someone else doesn't hurt me as much as it should. Is it because I've already moved on with his best friend? I think the important thing here is when I'm gonna break up with him.

I just can't find the right time to do it.

Wearing her boyfriend's jersey number on her back, Janet squeals out his name excitedly when seeing him running with the ball across the field before getting tackled by the other team.

"Isn't this exciting?!" My best friend giggles with her breath roaming in the cold air.

I shrug a shoulder, closing the science fiction book. Nadia groans and then complains about the freezing weather. I can't seem to concentrate anyway so I might as well watch the match.

The referee blows the whistle allowing the different team players to huddle up for a timeout.

"Oh, here's your candy. I almost forgot about it," Jason pulls a Twix from out his coat pocket and then gives it to me.

I hold out my palm taking the candy "Thanks," and then slide it in my coat pocket, while continuing to watch the game.

"So, after the game I'm going out with some friends to get pizza. Do you wanna come?" Jason asks, stuffing a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

A gust of wind blows by harshly making me tuck some hair behind both ears as I open my mouth to speak "Erm.." but I freeze when seeing Isaac.

Wearing black from head to toe including a pair of boots, he's walking up the bleachers holding a hot dog and a soda pop. He sees me and then sits down next to Jason. "Sup guys,"

My two best friends smiles and waves at him while I give him a flirty wink when my boyfriend isn't looking.

Jason gives him a fist bump. "What you been up to, playa?"

"Nothing much. Just enjoying our team kicking ass." While taking a big bite from his hot dog, Isaac looks down at the cover of the book in my lap.

"That's a cool book," he comments, grabbing his cola and twisting it open

"So, I heard." I smile at him as he just stare at me fondly for a moment and then looks away when Jason starts talking to him about the game.

My boyfriend stands up and then leaves the bleachers when his phone rings in his pocket. Isaac takes no time scooting closer to me. He wraps an arm around my waist and then tickles me, knowing that I'm ticklish right there more than anywhere else.