[10]

C a s s i e

"I have to come clean about something." My words brings Jason out of his thoughts as we're both sitting outside the school in his car that's recently been fixed. It's raining badly.

In the passenger seat I stare forward with my knees towards my chest and my arms around them, completely out of it as rain showers around us on all the windows and also the ground.

My boyfriend is silently staring at me as I breathe out deeply, and my heart racing.

"What did you do?" I don't have the energy to talk to him after yesterday's argument and another one this morning before school but I need to get this off my chest. It's better if I told him the truth instead of him finding out on his own.

A low sigh blows from my mouth as I keep my eyes on the floor. "I kissed another guy," When there isn't a response from him, I look up at him with my heart sinking down to my stomach.

His dark gaze is glaring through the windshield. His silence is killing me. I reach a hand out to touch him but he moves his head out of my reach with his hands squeezing tightly on the steering wheel.

"Jason—"

He slides the keys out of the ignition, pushes the door open and then climbs out furiously, leaving me flabbergasted.

Quickly, I climb out the car and then chase him underneath the pouring rain. "Jason! Hey, wait up." I tug on his elbow and then step back when he spins around yelling.

"Don't tell me the guy you fucking kissed is who I think it is!" He stands before me with water dripping down his face and drenched clothes as his fists are curled up by his side.

"What?" I shudder.

"Did you fucking kiss Issac?"

Frantically, I shake my head as my damp hair sticks to my face while I'm shivering in these soaked clothes. "No!" I quickly come up with a lie. "It was a stranger at the bar."

Jason steps closer to me with wrinkled brows. A look of hurt mixed with confusion is written on his face. "What were you doing at the bar?"

Huffing, I shrug a shoulder with my arms crossing over my chest. "I was at home and couldn't sleep so I—I went for a walk which had led me to an open bar. There was this guy playing pool who had approached me as soon as I walked in. He offered to buy me a drink. I told him I would like a cola. We sat and talked for thirty minutes or so and I kissed him then left feeling shitty afterwards."

Jason clenches his jaw. "Why did you kiss him?"

"For payback. You kissed Aaliyah and I was hurt so I kissed another guy." I scoff, rolling my eyes after the white lie rolls off my tongue.

My boyfriend glares at me with narrow eyes and then stomps around me, heading back to his parked car. I spin around clutching my backpack over my shoulders, watching him speed off the property.

Entering the school building, I run inside the restroom and lock myself inside a stall, dropping my backpack to the floor before sitting down on my bottom, hugging my knees with my face buried and tears streaming down my face.

It takes me at least ten minutes to collect myself and exit the restroom to head to the main office before film class. I'm already late and I probably look a mess. As soon as I reach my destination after visiting the principal's office and grabbing books from my locker, I let out a sigh and wipe one more time underneath my baggy eyes before entering the class where I see Issac and my friends in a group.