The Moon And The Star

You were the moon of my world, the one who always lit up my empty, tiny void.

You were always surrounded by other stars as I watched you, no one noticed your small features about you except me so I hope I would be the only one who noticed that.

You danced fascinatingly and gracefully around my mind made me think of you for days or weeks, Sometimes I saw your ocean blue eyes light up at the sight of your favorite ice cream; cookies, and cream while your favorite song played on your phone.

You were smart, the smartest girl I knew in this school, always saw your name on the high honors list as I knew you worked hard to achieve that.

I always thought of you, your smile, your eyes, and your whole appearance emerged in my mind.

And, it made me wonder that in one video that you posted questioning who's your crush, you answered someone who's a soft masculine with glasses. I felt my cheeks heat up after I saw that- is it me? Is it me that you're pointing at?

If I were in a comic book, there would be hearts around floating up top of my head like the ones you put the hearts at the end of the video.

I giggled and smiled whenever we talked, and said goodnight or good morning to each other like in those teenage romance movies.

You keep infecting my thoughts like a powerful cure that made me fully energetic and hopeful.

I couldn't even last a day without thinking of you.
if I did, I'd write another poem for you and maybe play your favorite song "Best Part" on my ukulele as I will get better at learning it.

I wanted to feel and know the definition of love.
I didn't want to feel the heartbreak again long ago as I was too late to realize that someone liked me and I was just too distracted if I could love her.

I watched my old love replace me with the opposite of myself, a man and the one who matched her standards.

I didn't want it to happen to us I want you to know that I am drawn to you-wishing that I could be worthy of your light

I want to close that gap between us and pull you close and hold you gently so that you can feel my beating heart.

You've always found a way to talk to me, even if you're busy, you have your unique ways to create or find a path to me.

You knew where to find me, and I knew where to look-like the moon and the star.