Everlasting Kiss

I still taste the lipstick that she left on mine.
I still feel her soft baby lips as it matches her face.

Each time I looked at the mirror, I touched the bottom of my lip, yearning for her lips to land on mine; but she's not here anymore. she's just another memory in my life, an everlasting memory she become.

I wonder to myself; does she leave this mark every time she dates other people? that would remind a question in my mind, at least in the back of my head.

I sometimes searched her social media to see some updates, she was a talented painter and her paintings were going through museums that I would often go and visit.

There, I would admire each hard work that she had done.

Her paintings were realistic, describing human emotions through body language, and the room they're in, or place. she could capture the feeling without even explaining it.

How I knew that she was truly the masterpiece of life.

I walked and stand front of a painting that would be the last before I left the place.

Two beautiful, pale-skinned woman, with nothing on but red lipstick their lips inches away from each, the other with a yearning expression, and the other calmly focused on her.

It felt like the same situation as I have right now, as I held my gaze on the painting I didn't notice a familiar presence by my side.

Before I could turn my head to my shoulder, I saw her smile. that goddamn beautiful, angelic smile of hers.

She held her gaze at mine so that I could say I missed her but, did she miss me as well? I couldn't tell by her calm expression.

She slowly reached and intertwined our hands, her hands were smooth and delicate as that same night; that brought a smile to my face, and I felt a warmth flood into my cheeks.

-And, I won't expect her to say it.

But, I'd been waiting to hear those words for a long time as she finally said it; that would paint my world as colorful again.

You made me feel alive like the paintings you made.

She was and is the definition of an angel, her flowing golden blonde hair, her delicate, pale skin, her gentle smile, her paintings, and her affections.

She is the chef-d'oeuvre in my world.

Before she softly murmured those words to me with a smile.

"I miss you."

I held her hand tightly after, as my tears started to blur my vision, and holding my shaky breaths.

On the other hand, she remained so calm as she reached with her other hand, to brush my cheek.

She was always so warm with her touch, and I became addicted to it.

I finally smile.

You are my masterpiece.