Part 1

In the vast elven kingdom of Mirkwood, lived a Rivendell elf. Her name was Lúthien. She was given the name Lúthien because of her great affinity with flowers. Lúthien was the youngest daughter of Lord Elrond. She was there when her mother was attacked, but she stayed behind, and her mother sailed for the Undying Lands. Her family started to hate her because she stayed instead of her mother. When she was no longer welcomed both in the Halls of Imlardis and in Lothlorien, she started travelling around in middle earth. After years of travelling, she finally found her soul brother, who happened to be none other than Prince Legolas of Mirkwood.

The night they met was a warm autumn night. Lúthien was in the town of Bree, where she was looking to stay for a bit to stok up on food and get a few nights of good sleep. After asking around, she headed for the Prancing Pony. When she was near, she suddenly got the feeling that she was supposed to be there, it was like her fate was calling to her, and she knew that something foundamental for her future would happen that night. And then she saw him. There he was, standing in all his glory with his back on her, her protector, her better half, her future best friend, her soul brother. She could not describe in words the euphoric feeling of finally meeting him. Then he turned around and started exploring the tavern with his eyes, like he was looking for something. 'So he must be an elf,' she thought to herself. When his eyes finally zeroed in on her, Luthien could feel the bond snap in place. He was wearing a cape so she could not see his face, but he seemed to be analysing her. Lúthien's eyes were full with unshed tears, she wanted to go to him and seek comfort since her family abandoned her but she was so sure he would hate her too, so she did the only thing that came to her mind and ran.

Legolas was on mission from his father. He had been instracted to go Harlingdon to talk with the elves there about possible product exchanges. So, on his way to Harlingdon, he stopped at Bree for a few days. He was at the Prancing Pony when he felt her, his soul sister. He was so happy because for the elves finding ones soul bond, the family was sacred. When his eyes finally found her, he felt the bond forming, and he was ectastic. His soul sister was a beautiful elleth with long, wavy brown hair and forest green eyes. As he was admiring her, he saw her eyes watering. He started walking towards her because he had the need to comfort her. The thought of her crying was breaking his heart. He wanted to take her in his arms and never let her go. As he was neariing her, she ran away, for a moment he stopped walking thinking she was rejecting the bond but then he came back to his senses and went after her.

Lúthien did not know for how long she was running, but when she neared a big oak tree, she stopped running and sat down on its roots. She thought she had lost him, that is why she sat down. Lúthien had so many thoughts, and she was sure a panic attack was on the way. She tried to stop it but there was no saving and got lost in her mind. She had no idea what was happening around her, but then she suddenly felt warm hands surrounding her and holding her close. The person hugging her was playing with her hair and wishpering sweet nothings to her ears, as if to soothe her. He had a nice voice and kept holding her until she calmed down.

When Legolas finally caught up to her, he found her sitting under an oak tree. He panicked when he saw her looking so pale and that she could not breathe properly. He did not know what to do to calm her down, but then he heard the wishperin of the trees that told him to hold her. Her wimpering shooked him out of his thoughts, and he ran up to her. Legolas took her in his arms. When he saw that just that was not working, he started playing with her soft and silky hair and wishpering words of comfort to her ear. After a while, she seemed to be doing better. At least she had stopped shaking. Legolas had so many questions that he wanted to ask her, but he did not want to overwhelm her.

"It is okay, muinthel nin. I am here now, I will protect you from now on, you won't have to worry about anything."he told her.

"Hannar...it really is you?"she asked him, thinking she was dreaming.

"Yes, I am real, muinthel nin. Now tell me, what is your name?"he asked her.

"Lúthien..."she answered.

"Lúthien... such a beautiful name for you, muinthel nin."he wishpered. Her had already been engraved to his heart along with her beautiful face.

"But who are you?"she asked him.

"Ah... forgive me for not introducing myself earlier, muinthel nin. I am Prince Legolas of Mirkwood."he told her apologetically while he took his cape off.

Lúthien was flabbergasted. She could not believe that her soul brother was a prince. But nonetheless, she was happy that he was well protected growing up. Her soul brother was a handsome ellon with long blond hair and the bluest eyes she had ever seen. All in all, he was ethereal looking.

"Come, muinthel nin. It is late, let me take you to my room so you can sleep. We will talk tomorrow after you rest."he told her.

"Ok..."she wishpered as she tried to get up.

Seeing her struggle to get up, Legolas chose to help her. He put one arm under her knees and the other behind her back, effectively carrying her princess style. He took her back to his room in the Prancing Pony and let her sleep.

Lúthien was startled when he took her in his arms, but she didn't protest as she was really comfortable. She tried to stay awake, but eventually, she welcomed sleep to take her over.