morning

I woke up, and fortunately, there were no more nightmares. I slowly opened my eyes and gently rubbed them. I felt a comforting weight on my waist, glanced around the room, and realized why. Bill lay on his stomach, with one arm draped over my waist. I didn't want to disturb him, but at the same time, I longed to rise from the bed with care. After carefully propping myself up on my hands, I sat against the wall, trying not to disturb Bill. Looking down at him, I smiled softly. His hair cascaded like a nest around him, beautifully disheveled. I tenderly ran my fingers through his hair, delicately tucking a strand behind his ear, caressing his head gently.

"I have such lovely hair, don't I?"

he mumbled into the pillow, opening one eye and gazing at me. I shuddered in surprise and withdrew my hand from his head, raising it slightly.

"Oh, you startled me. Did I wake you?"

Embarrassment tinged my cheeks with a flush. He stood up, stretching a little.

"No, you didn't wake me. I woke up and felt your touch on my head,"

he chuckled softly, sitting up and leaning against the wall, wrapped in the blankets.

"So, how did you sleep?"

He smiled at me, a soft and knowing smile, he was undoubtedly aware that we had slept in close embrace. It explained the emotions on his face.

"I slept well, thanks to you. I didn't even wake up. You should sleep with me more often," I replied.

He blushed and looked away, clearing his throat. Realizing what I had unintentionally implied, I blushed too, waving my hands and covering my face.FUCK SO EMBARRASSED RIGHT NOW.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. Oh my god, I'm sorry. You know what I meant..."

He laughed and covered his eyes with his palms.

"It's okay, I understand. You meant something else."

Oh my god, why did those words escape my mouth? I felt so embarrassed.
We stared at each other, both embarrassed, without saying a word. Finally, Bill cleared his throat and spoke.

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"No, I don't think I have any. And you?"

"I have the whole day free, but I need to go to the studio at five pm to finish something."

I glanced at the clock; it was 3 pm.

"Well, that means we have two hours for breakfast."

"How about leftover pizza?"

"Sounds good. I think I only have a few apples and some coconut milk."

He nodded and stretched his arms, letting out a small yawn. His hair was messy again, and it looked amusing. Perhaps he needed some help?

"Hey, I can make coffee for us and take out the pizza. Do you need anything? Maybe a shower or something else?"

"Yeah, it would be nice to wash my hair and style it a bit. It's wild right now."

"Okay, no problem."

I got up from the bed and fetched a towel for him from my closet.

"Get up. I'll show you everything in the bathroom."

We walked to the bathroom, and I showed him everything he needed. Meanwhile, I went to the kitchen to make coffee for both of us and heat up the leftover pizza. After a few minutes, Bill emerged from the bathroom with wet hair.