sunset and wine

After we settled down in the park near the lake, Bill took out a bottle of wine, some fruits, and sandwiches. Literally, he read my mind about drinking.

"Tell me, Kass, are you stalking me?" He grinned, looking at me and chuckling.

"What? No, I'm not," Why would he think that?

"It's just that when I called you, you were almost nearby my studio."

Damn it, Tom, did he choose a place for a meeting near their studio right after his work? Is he dumb or something?

"Hmmm...no, I was just walking. I had to go to one store," He started laughing loudly with his eyes closed.

"I know, I was just joking. Don't take me seriously."

He smiled and took the rest of the food out of the basket, opening a bottle of wine and handing it to me.

"You literally read my mind, you know that?"

He nodded happily, continuing to smile. I took the bottle and began to drink straight from the bottle in large sips, as if I had never drunk wine. And after such a day full of emotions, I wanted to drink myself into unconsciousness in order to undo it all. Putting the bottle on the grass, I noticed Bill's stunned look at me and the two glasses in his hands. Damn, I look like a savage.

"Okay, I guess today we're planning to get drunk again?"

He took the bottle and also began to drink straight from the bottle, placing the glasses back in the basket. That made me smile and laugh at him. Literally, a second ago, he looked at me with misunderstanding, and now he repeated after me. He placed the bottle near him and exhaled some air, taking a piece of apple.

After we finished the bottle of wine, we just sat and talked about everything we could. Even though I didn't get very drunk, everything still felt lighter than it was. A couple of minutes later, we lay down near the lake, looking at the sunset. The different colors of red, orange, and yellow played on our faces. I turned my head and looked at Bill; damn, he looks even more attractive under this lighting, his features softened as he looked at me too, smiling softly. We locked our eyes for a second, and then continued to watch the sunset again, lying closer and closer to each other. And after a couple of minutes, I had the courage to lay my head on his shoulder.

"Bill..?" I turned to him in a quiet voice, trying not to break the moment of calm.

"Mm..?"

He hummed in response to me quietly without taking his eyes off the sun. Well, taking a big breath as if before death, I decided to use my courage and confidence today and asked him a question, as if I would scare him away and he would run away from me.

"Is..is this a date?"

I looked at his face, trying to understand what kind of emotion he had.

"If you want to consider this a date, then yes. If not, then it's not a date."

He said absolutely calmly, as if nothing bothered him. I nodded and breathed a sigh of relief, without answering him what I really think it all is. I don't actually ask myself if it's a date, I don't know yet. But his answer made my heart beat loudly, and trying to calm my body, I took a big breath again, closed my eyes, and shuddered.

"Are you cold?"

He asked softly in a slightly hoarse voice. I nodded silently, and he slowly stood up and began to take off his coat.