flight

"I suppose there's no point in denying it anymore, i...love you."

I bolted awake, blushing like mad. Wtf was that?! A dream, thats what that was. A really, really weird dream. Oh my god...what is wrong with me?! I look up to see the pervert and the blonde rage child staring at me, eyes wide.

"You okay?" Asked oreo. I quickly collected myself and stood up. "I'm fine." I bent over to fold up the blanket kurapika shared with me.

Kurapika gave me an odd look, and opened his mouth slightly, as if to speak, then quickly shut it as we all filed out of the blimp onto the top of a...tower maybe?

We found killua and gon, looking fine, though i doubt they slept. We all waited for imstruction atop the tower when a weird man with purple hair and weird eyes came out and explained that he was the examiner and that we all need to find a way down within 72 hours.

"well this is just great! I said with blatant sarcasm. "a puzzle!" Killua looked over. "shut up and help us find a way down!" I went over to the edge and peeked over, my toes off the ledge. Suddenly, a guy bumped me andvsent me flying off.

"Ketsuya!!" The four yelled and ran over, luckily, i stabbed my knife in between a crack, and held on for dear life. Kurapika was the first one over, he got on his stomach and reached for me "hurry! Before you fall!"

I reached as far as i could and just barely reached his hand when i felt my knife slip, and my decent to the ground below.

I clamped my eyes shut as felt my breathing become difficult from the speed i was falling. I stuck my arms and legs out to hopefully slow me down but it was no use. I am going to die. I have failed. Failed at love, failed at life, my mom and my brother are going to die without me.

But suddenly, i wasn't falling anymore. I felt something heavy on my back. I opened my eyes and looked back to see black, misty wings sprouting from my back. "what" i sighed, breathing heavily from adrenaline. what was going on?!

I looked around quickly, i was about halfway down the tower, phew. The wings on my back look like something from hell, where did they come from?! Or more importantly at the moment, how do i use them.

They were lightly flapping to keep me from falling, but how do i get up? I flexed and moved my shoulder blades and they moved obediently. They were surprisingly easy to move, with how heavy they felt.

I glided up the tower, riding a gust of wind to the top. I found the four on the middle of the tower...comforting kurapika? He sat there with his knees drawn to his chest and his face hidden.

Most people were gone, some how finding there way in. But that wasn't really important right now, was it? I didn't know how to hide my wings or make them disappear or whatever, so i just kind of awkwardly walked over there.

but i stopped when i got closer and heard what they were saying. "what do we do now?" Asked oreo. They were silent. Kurapika didn't move, and gon was expressionless, as killua just kind of stood next to him, and he opened his mouth. "we should try to continue on with the exam, i guess.

"but what about kurapika? He doesn't even look like he wants to exist, let alone solve some puzzle tower."
"yeah but we're gonna waste time up here."
"true."
Oreo walked to kurapika, "come on, we've gotta move."
He slowly lifted his head
"i could've grabbed her. She was right there. But i didn't. I failed. I killed her!"

Small teardrops formed at the corners of his eyes. I couldn't stand to see him this way especially over me. I ran over and hugged him from behind. "it's okay. I'm here."

The other three stood in shock, then yelled "ketsuya!" They tackle hugged me and kurapika held tight before letting go to look at me. "How did you live?!" I looked to see my wings were gone. I decided to keep them a secret.

"I latched on with my knife and climbed up." He took a step forward so our faces were centimeters apart form each other. Our eyes met but quickly broke apart as gon called us over.