preparation

When I got home, my little brother kaoru ran to greet me, and I almost collapsed on him. He guided me over to the couch. It only took me a second to fall asleep. When I woke up, I found a small bowl of soup and a slice of bread.

I ate it in record time I friggin swear, I hadn't eaten in days, nor had I slept more than about an hour a night. After that I went and found mother in bed with a fever. Kaoru was curled up next to the bed. I gently lifted him and laid him onto the couch. He was being so strong. I had to pass this exam. I had to.

I quietly left the house and went to train. I finally reached the old tree that I used as a training spot. The bark  had been worn down till you could see the pale inner wood. Blood stains from previous training sessions covered the tree. I was going to be here for a while.

I stayed there for two days, training my endurance, strength, and overall ability. I went back home to check on mother and kaoru, to find kaoru is now down with a fever as well. I took care of them both, then grabbed a half a loaf of bread and some water and left.

Things continued on like this for the next 2 months. I had almost doubled my abilities, and was feeling quite confident. I packed a couple things and headed toward the dock. The time was here. Let's make it count.