six

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.

"Elina!" Lucien's shout came before Elina could even see him, he ripped through the garden's, ghostly pale and breathing heavily, he flew past Tamlin and Feyre, hardly sparing the blood soaked pair a glance before he was taking the pink haired fae into his arms, clinging to her so tightly she gasped. "What the hell were you thinking?" He exclaimed, pulling back and scanning her body, the blood on her hands, her legs, her dress.

"Luc..." The girl whispered, trembling.

"You could have died, Elina, you could of... I wasn't there," Tear glistened in his russet eyes, pure terror etched upon his face. "Why would you do that, Lina?" His words were desperate, and all the girl could do was sigh, a small broken smile breaking across her cracked lips.

"Feyre was in trouble," She said, and Lucien dropped to his knees before her.

"You sweet, stupid, loving girl," He said, looking up at her through tear stained lashes, "You really care for her don't you, Lina?"

"I'm sorry," Elina said, face falling but Lucien shook his head, a small sad smile curling  up on his lips, like the last embers upon the hearth before the burnt out.

"Never apologies for having something as precious as love in your life, Elina," The Autumn court male said and Elina began to weep, allowing Lucien to sweep her into his arms and hold her as she cried.

.・。.・゜✭・.

By the time dinner came around Elina had settled slightly, her hair was scraped back into a low bun, tendrils of curly hair falling around her bare face, she was wearing a simple dress of ivory tulle and pink silk that clung to her lithe frame. She was the last to enter the dining room, the others already seated and turning to face her, she smiled shakily, taking her seat beside Lucien but her eyes were fixed upon Feyre.

"There she is, the final piece to the exciting afternoon you all shared," Lucien commented, reaching out and tugging at one of the curls that hung in front of Elina's eyes. The girl huffed, shoving his hand away, noting the way that Feyre grinned.

"Exciting is one way to put it," The pink haired girl said with a small laugh, "Our darling Feyre seems to be a magnet for trouble," She commented, watching as the mortal girls cheeks lit aflame making Lucien chuckle.

"Well, you still look lovely, regardless of your Hell-sent afternoon," Lucien told the mortal who scoffed.

"I thought faeries couldn't lie," Feyre said, Tamlin choked on his wine and Elina gaped at her, eyes wide and lips parted, but Lucien, Lucien was grinning wickedly.

"Who told you that?" Lucien asked her delightedly.

"Everyone knows it," Feyre said, piling food onto her plate, glancing up at the fae who were all looking at her with varying expressions.