Chapter 12: Emergence of Unbreakable Ties

Slowly, I opened my eyes, trying to find answers to where I truly was. The polyester greenish-brown cloth, the standing pole... ah, I knew where I was. I slowly turned my head to the right, noticing my hand has been wet with someone's tears.

"Are you awake, Hector? Thank goodness, I'll call the nurse and the others immediately," Orion said, wiping away his tears. He quickly got up from his seat and rushed out, calling, "Hector is awake, nurse, please come and check on him." Promptly, one of the nurses from the adjacent tent entered and performed several checks on my health condition. Not long after, she got up and said, "Sir, your friend is fine now. He still needs some more rest to recover, but his condition is stable. Allow me to leave the tent to resume my other duties." The nurse then left us and returned to the adjacent tent.

"Ah, my friend, it's been a while. What day is it?" I asked, looking at Orion. His face reddened, and he shouted hoarsely, "Idiot, what were you doing? You were on the brink of death! Do you know, it's been three days since you've been in the treatment tent, and that only today you just woke up? Don't you understand how worried I was when I heard the news in the middle of the night that you were rushed to the emergency treatment tent because of your critical condition? What did you do with Hyperion? Did you fight him, and he got angry and beat you up? Why was he also severely injured? I asked everyone, and no one would answer me." He continued to hold my right hand while shedding tears. I understood him very well – a true friend, who desperately wanted to protect his friend even though he was powerless to do anything.

"It was our fault... and we sincerely apologize," a voice suddenly interrupted our conversation. I noticed behind Orion's back that Sir Gunter had been standing at the tent entrance, observing us. "Are you feeling better, Hector? Regarding what happened three days ago, I feel deeply sorry towards you, and also towards you, Orion. I regret not guiding you earlier and informing you about some important matters," Sir Gunter said, bowing his head. "Please don't apologize, this is all my fault. Let me apologize first for not being able to attend training and classes for the past few days. Is Professor Xena here? I need to ask for permission," I said. Suddenly, Xena entered the tent and spoke up, "Hector, you don't need to ask for permission, as we all know what happened. For the time being, all training sessions and classes are suspended for a week, so you have time to recover first. Not only because of you, but we're also preparing for the parade event next week. So you and Hyperion can rest well."

Orion suddenly cut in, "Xena, Sir Gunter, please explain, please tell me honestly what really happened that night! I've trained with my weak body facing knight instructors before, and I know very well what the condition should be after training an...

Orion suddenly cut in, "Xena, Sir Gunter, please explain, please tell me honestly what really happened that night! I've trained with my weak body facing knight instructors before, and I know very well what the condition should be after training and losing. But this is not like that, Hector seemed as if he had been attacked by a wild lion and was on the brink of death, when the lion finally released him. He seemed to be fighting in a real battle, not training! Tell me, explain to me, please. I beg you." Orion knelt before Sir Gunter and Xena, bowing his head, crying.