Chapter 17: The Beginning of the Rise of a Holy Warrior

Finally, we finished our lunch and I stood up, stretching my arms. "Ah, delicious kebab. But I feel too full now. Come on, Orion, let's continue walking. Your kebab was amazing too, Orion! Maybe next time we should try different flavors," I said excitedly as Orion rose to join me. "You're right, that kebab was truly amazing. I'm very satisfied and full after eating it. Let's start moving again so we don't get too full," Orion replied as we resumed strolling around the city square. 

Not long into our walk, we spotted a game stand offering a game called Godam Hammer, where players use a mallet to strike a metal ball within a glass column, aiming to hit the top of the column and ring the bell. "Maybe we should exert a bit of our energy," I suggested. "Yes, indeed. Let's have a little fun like children this time. Sir, I'll pay for two rounds of the game," Orion said, immediately paying for the games. "Hey, I should be the one paying for this game," I protested. "Forget it, save your remaining money for other purposes. I still have enough money in my savings," Orion said, patting my shoulder, "I'll go first." I noticed that there were three main prizes: the third main prize if the ball passed the blue line, the second main prize if the ball passed the red line, and the first main prize if the ball reached the top point. Orion swung the hammer at the metal piece attached to a spring, and the ball began to bounce, passing the blue line before descending. "Congratulations, Sir, you've won the third main prize. Please do not open this prize box until you're home," the stand owner said. Orion nodded and nudged me, "Now it's your turn. Come on, Hector, hit it hard." I nodded and began to swing the hammer, the first swing slowly, then faster, and just before the hammer landed, I gave a strong impulse, causing a significant impact on the metal piece. I watched as the ball bounced, passing the blue line, the red line, and goal - reaching the top of the column! The bell rang. "Congratulations, Sir, you did it. Here's your first main prize. Please do not open this prize box until you're home. Thank you for visiting," the stand keeper said. I looked at his face, and somehow his smiling face... I felt like I knew him. I had seen this face in my dreams. "Hector, Hector, what's wrong? Why are you daydreaming?" Orion asked, curious about my continued gaze at the stand keeper. "Oh, nothing, I was just thinking about something. It's not important. Let's start walking again," I said.

We continued walking, enjoying various entertainment and performances in the city square. As the afternoon progressed, more visitors arrived. Some were locals, some were tourists, and some were high officials and nobles who arrived in horse-drawn carriages. Yes, the colorful bustle of the festival was as expected. Suddenly, I heard a distant voice calling out, "Hey.... Hector, hey... Orion, don't walk too fast, hey!" We turned back. It turned out Hyperion was running towards us. We stopped. Finally, with breaths gasping, Hyperion stood in front of us and rested for a moment. "Oh, so tired. I've been looking for you everywhere, turns out you're here. Hector, I need your help. It's urgent," Hyperion said, holding onto my arm. "Ehmm... yes? Is something wrong? Ah, could it be one of the prisoners earlier showing signs of complications?" I asked. Hyperion shook his head, "No, no. It's not that. It's about the parade tomorrow, the main show, the Autumn Sword Dance performance... the Summer Army versus the Winter Army.... oh, I'm so tired." Hyperion tried to take a deep breath, then continued, "Ah, finally, it's settled. So, the main show tomorrow is the Summer Army sword performance against the Winter Army. I'm one of the Winter Army members. My playmate, Troyas, suddenly disappeared who knows where. Also, some other potential knights to replace him are also declared missing. So, I want you to take Troyas's position for tomorrow's performance. Are you willing to do it for me? Just this once, please. I have no other choice." From afar, Val also approached, cursing, "How dare you leave me while I was talking to you, Hyon. Listen Hector, don't follow Hyperion's request. Are you insane, asking a trainee to be your sword partner in the Autumn Sword Dance performance. Besides, he just got injured because of your selfishness earlier, do you want to endanger him again this time? Haven't you learned from your mistakes?" "I have no other choice, didn't I say it! Troyas disappeared who knows where, three reliable knights who were not chosen for the performance also disappeared who knows where. We're running out of time, there's only 1 night left. The show will start at 9 am tomorrow. It's already 3 pm now. Do you want me to ask him to search again?" Hyperion said, sitting down in despair. "If that's the case, I will take the role," Val said confidently. "You better not be crazy. You already know that the player in that performance must be a man," Hyperion said. Val replied, "And must be a knight... how could you even put Hector on the candidate list?" "I've got permission from Sir Gunter! Are you satisfied now?" Hyperion asked. Val responded angrily, "You.... you..., you always collude with that old man without telling me. Anyway, I'm too tired to talk to you anymore. Anyway, I won't allow Hector to perform in that show. Never. You'll just drag him into trouble again." "No, Hector won't be dragged into trouble again or get hurt, I guarantee it. If anything happens, I'll take responsibility. I already discussed it with Sir Gunter earlier," another voice suddenly sounded. I turned slightly, and it was Xena. "Ah, good afternoon, Professor Xena," I said. "Well, it's been a while since we last met. Glad to see you're back in good health. Afternoon to you too, Hector, and Orion. Oh, and you still haven't gotten rid of your habit, have you? I've told you not to call me with that professor title except when we're in the classroom?" Xena replied. "Ah, I apologize, I forgot about that... Xena," I said a little uncomfortable. "What do you mean by this? Are you coming here to worsen the situation, Xena? Listen, whether you're here or not, I definitely... definitely won't allow Hector to perform in that show. That's final, you can't argue with me," Val said firmly. "Oh, someone's angry here. Val, my sweet little sister, don't get me wrong. I don't intend to endanger your friend, and this is just an unforeseen event. Moreover, in that show, there's no real fighting, just swordplay in a conducive and controlled condition. No one will get hurt. It's not like when Hector fought Hyperion in an actual sword fight. I can guarantee that, so you don't need to worry," Xena said with a light smile.