CHAPTER 28 | INAUGURATION DAY - NOVUS FULGUR AND NEW HOPE (PART 2)

(continued)

I can't believe this. After we attended the inauguration ceremony, we were still given food, meaning we were entertained to eat, and with the higher-ups as well? Oh... Oh... It's not a dream, is it? "Orion... can you help me pinch my arm, it seems like I'm dreaming," I said. Orion chuckled, "No, Hector, you're not dreaming. We are indeed served well. Let's start moving, don't let the elites wait too long." Arriving at Templum Sancti Bellatoris, the waiters immediately directed us to our respective seats. Even our seats have been labeled with their respective names. This is indeed a luxurious banquet. I felt very honored, and at the same time a little awkward. Seeing that all the participants were already seated in their respective places, Governor Sifrid Eisenkrieger opened the banquet, "Alright, to the Warriors, Knights, and Integrity Knights who participated in this banquet, let's toast to a brighter future for the kingdom. Let's lift the glass to your right. Cheers!" We also raised our glasses and toasted. Shortly after, one by one, food began to be served, starting from appetizers, main courses, and finally desserts. It is very satisfying! In my entire life, I had never eaten such good food. Orion was also very excited to see the food served, and we both ate while laughing happily. It didn't feel like we had been at Templum Sancti Bellatoris for an hour and a half, and finally the banquet was over. Governor Sifrid Eisenkrieger said goodbye to us, and we dispersed and left the hall.

"Wow, the food was really good, I'm really full," I said as I walked happily shortly after exiting the hall. Hyperion nudged me and said, "Keep your attitude a little, Hector. We are still in the castle grounds. Later you will be ridiculed by warriors and other knights because of your attitude. Now let's leave the castle." I apologized, then asked, "What about Xena? Won't he come home with us?" Hyperion replied, "No, Xena will go home by herself later. The important person seemed to have another meeting after the banquet ended. The three of us will go home first." Orion and I nodded, then we walked out of the castle and touched Aeternum Sacra, and instantly we were teleported to the other side of the land. I turned around and looked at the castle behind me once more. See you again Elysium Kastell, it will probably take another year for me to set foot in this castle again. We walked a little forward to the main road, and stopped one of the passing carriages and immediately boarded it. The carriage was about to start, and yes, we were going back to our barracks. Wow, a fun inauguration ceremony too. I kept imagining the good food at the banquet when I was in the carriage. "We have arrived at the place," said Mr. Coachman breaking my daydream. Wow, it didn't feel like we had reached the foot of the hill. Hyperion immediately paid the fare, and the three of us got out of the car. The Coachman also spurred his horse away from us.

 The Coachman also spurred his horse away from us

"Mr. Hector, Mr. Orion, Knight Hyperion," Sid shouted from a distance as we just got off the carriage waving and running towards us. I immediately waved back to them. "Yo, so you guys just finished the new membership acceptance ceremony, huh? Congratulations, yes. Thus you have now officially joined our family," I said and hugged them one by one. "Thank you, Mr. Hector, this was all possible thanks to you and the Knight Hyperion. Let us thank you once more, also let us say congratulation for your inauguration as Novus Fulgur Hector, Novus Fulgur Orion, and Aegis Knight Hyperion Eichenlord," Sid said and then bowed respectfully, followed by his friends. "Ah already, already," I said as I patted them on the shoulder, "let's not bend over like that, stand up straight like a warrior. After all, I am not the one who makes you accepted. It is because Sir Gunter sees your unwavering determination, which is why he is willing to accept you. And, please don't call me by the word Master. Just call Hector, we're now friends." Orion nodded as well. Sid and his friends stood up straight again and nodded in understanding. "Ah that's right, I haven't seen Val since this morning, did you see Val, Orion?" I asked. Orion shook his head, "That's right, it's a little weird. Usually Val would arrive early in the morning if there was an important event, and at least greet us even if he didn't come with us. Do you know anything Hyperion?" "Ah about that... Val seems to be busy today, yesterday he stayed up late at night as well. I think he fell asleep this morning so he didn't see us," Hyperion said. "Hmm... like that apparently, well, it's only past 2 o'clock. Do we still have training sessions?" I asked. Hyperion shook his head, then asked, "No, for today we are free. We still have quite a bit of time before dinner. Do you want to go for a walk? Or do you want to ride a horse? I can lend a horse from Troyas again. I'm sorry I didn't get to accompany you guys on horseback riding while I was on my family's farm, I didn't know that the work would be so intense." Orion and I shook our heads, "It's okay, Senior Hyperion. We had a lot of fun while we were there. Hmm... I don't think I'm in the mood for a trip, what about you, Orion?" I asked. "It's up to me...," Orion said. "Well, how about we ride for a while while sweating a little, and then visit the library in the afternoon?" asked Hyperion. "Good idea," I said, "then we go to the room first and change our armor." Hyperion nodded, "Alright, we'll meet again in front of the barracks later. Sid, Damian, Josh, Carlos, do you want to come with us later?" "Is it okay?" asked Sid doubtfully. "Of course, why not, you guys are already part of us now. Oh, yes, Hector, ask Sir Gunter where Sid and his friends are bed. Because he'll be staying in your barracks from today, right?" said Hyperion. "Ah, that's right. If so, let's come with the two of us, Sid, Damian, Josh, Carlos. We will meet again in front of the barracks later, Hyperion," I said. Hyperion nodded, then walked towards his barracks past the back hill. While we went straight up to the top of the hill closest to the main road.