Chapter 24

TW: This chapter contains speech about abuse, and father issues ❤️

Thursday 14th April
1: 30 am

Cassidy

When Rae called me I had just gotten home from being with Dave

I was exhausted.

But when I heard Rae call me I was down for whatever she needed. She wasn't someone that cried often, so if she was crying it was serious.

When she pulled up to my house I almost damn near lost my mind.

I got her in the shower and gave her a change of clothes.

Mama was visiting family this week so I was home alone. I was happy because if she'd seen Rae she would've cut up.

I grabbed some ice wrapped in a tea towel and gave to Rae to put on her cheek.

"You know he dead right ? I'm talking straight bullets to his head."

This was enough to keep me out of retirement I wanted to end this niggas life with my bare hands.

"I don't even wanna think about that Ci. I don't wanna do anything. I'm just tired."

I could tell she was exhausted. She hasn't stopped crying since she came in.

"Whatchu mean you don't wanna do anything? That motherfucker deserves to be decapitaed for the even thinking about raising finger towards you."

Her tears then begin to flow uncontrollably as she found the strength to respond.

"That's the thing Ci, the bruises, they heal, the pain will eventually subside, but his words Ci, his words never leave."

I grab a tissue gently wiping her tears whilst mine began to pour. My other half was in pain and it was driving me crazy that I couldn't do anything about it.

"I wanna erase them so bad yo but I'm really struggling right now. In another world I'm hard as steel, bust a cap in a nigga ass no questions asked. But...but all I wanted in this world was to be a daddy's girl Ci. And it had to be for a daddy that didn't want me."

I wrapped my hands around Rae as she completely broke down in my arms crying in agony. I began to say a prayer of comfort to God in that time as tears poured down my face.

Asking that he would be with my sister in this time and teach me how to be there for her like he would be.

Help my sister oh God.

We need you.

-

Thursday 14th April
9:30 am