Chapter 32

Saturday 4th June
2:00 pm

Rae

"So you have a slight fracture on your rib which is where the momentary pain is coming from

"So you have a slight fracture on your rib which is where the momentary pain is coming from." The doctor said as he was showed me my x-ray.

"So what can she do to help with the pain doc? It's really been bothering her lately." Mo spoke from our FaceTime call.

He couldn't get away from work for my appointment but still wanted to support me which was sweet.

"Nigga, this my appointment." I say in a playful tone.

"No baby, this our appointment." He replied smartly.

I shake my head in laughter as the doctor joined in and then continued.

"I can prescribe you some strong medication that you can take anytime you start to feel the pain fluctuate. On a scale of one to ten how bad has the pain been?"

"Ermm a five." I said.

"An eight." Moyo responded.

I brought the phone up to my face.

"Moyo Cameron."

"Rae Antoinette."

The doctor once again chuckled in light laughter and said he was going to get the nurse to prepare them for me. After that he left the room to check on his other patients.

"You get on my damn nerves."

"That means I'm doing my job." He said whilst making stupid kissy faces at me.

I couldn't help but crumble in laughter at his foolishness.

-

I had finished my appointment and was on my way to get some food.

"How are things going at Cassidy's, you settling in okay?" Moyo asked from FaceTime.

"Yeah, it's been good. I mean I was pretty much there all the time already. It doesn't feel like it's changed that much." I say with a smile on my face as I parked up.

"I'm happy for you baby. I'm glad you're in a better head space."

I took a moment just to look at him. I couldn't believe I was falling in love with him. I didn't know I could do that.

"You good bae ?" He said scrunching his eyebrows.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah yeah, I was just thinking about my moms."

Even if I was falling in love with him, I sure as hell wasn't ready to tell him that.

"How she doing ? You spoken to her since everything went down ?"