Descent into Chaos - E6 - Lockdown Part 2

The Dead: Aaargh, aargh.....aargh.......

Radio: Continuing with the developing story in the small town of Havenwood, the government has informed us that in the past 5 days since the beginning of the outbreak, several locations with dozens of healthy people have been set up amidst the chaos of the spreading virus. A perimeter around the small town has also been set up so no infected people are able to leave the premises and spread the viral infection. Despite that though there has been repo.....

Soldier: Hey, turn that off and get away from the fence! You're riling them up!

Hope: It's fine, they can't reach us from down there! It's a 6 feet drop!

Somewhat angered by the dismissive attitude the soldier grabbed hope's arm, and pulled her away from the fence.

Soldier: The town is still full of them, we don't need to draw unnecessary attention to this place. Now, get lost!

Hope: Whatever!

- ....Once confirmed healthy and with no sings of infection, the remaining civilians will be transported to the capital, where they'll have to go through 1 week of final decontamination, before they are finally released.

Hope continued listening to the broadcast and went back inside her house!

Hope: Hey, Mom! Can you make me some coffee?

Christine: Sure hon! Everything alright?!

Hope: Yeah, just thinking. Oh! Hi Bill, weren't you doing routine checks of everybody with my dad and the military?

Bill: I was done half an hour ago. No sings of infection from anyone.

Hope: Great! The longer we stay uninfected the more likely we are to be evactuated?

Christine: What are you talking about?

Hope: I heard some news on the radio that talked about what is happening here, they said that people will be evacuated as soon as they are confirmed non-infected.

Christine: That better be true! I don't know how long I can take being stuck here stuck with a constant threat in the back of my mind! The anxiety is killing me!

Bill: Be glad it's the anxiety and not those things outside the fence!

Christine: I guess you are right!

- You know I meant to ask you.... Why does the army, constantly drag you and Andrew around all the time? I've asked Andrew but he's been standoffish since this all started!

Bill: Oh, it's nothing they just want a civilian, someone the people might know or find more trustworthy as a mediator! They picked your husband since he already knows the families here and some of the other survivors plus he can take care of himself if need be, and they called me up since they find me trustworthy enough, after seeing that I was telling the truth about the farm being safe and with people!

- I am sorry about that btw, I truly think that was the best choice given the circumstances!

Christine: It's alright! For all we know that decision saved our lives, I trust our chances here with the military more than out there on our own! I don't know if I can handle it!

Hope: You can Mom! If I was able to handle myself against them, then so can you!

Christine: Aww, thanks baby!

Hope: Btw, mom, where's Zari, she said she'd be her asked me to help her with her English homework, yesterday but she never came, and nobody answered when I went to their house! I also haven't seen anybody from her family, now that I think about it! We're neighbours and yet it's been pretty quiet the last 2 days!