Descent into Chaos - E5 - Lockdown Part I

Random Guy: Run!!!

- What are you doing? Come on!

Hope: What is happening? Are dead people attacking here too?

Random Guy: What? How do you know about that? Is that why you're covered in blood.

Hope: Yeah, I had a face off with some of them back at the entrance of the city.....

- I had to defend myself.

Random Guy: And you killed them?!

Hope: They were already dead. I just put them down for good.

Random Guy: FUCK, THEY'RE COMING! LET'S GO!

Hope: I can't! My feet are screwed.

Random Guy: OH MY GOD, they are all covered in blood.

Hope: I lost my shoes when I fought some of them and I had to walk barefoot all the way here.

The dead were slowly closing onto them.

Random Guy: Come on!

Hope: What!?

Random Guy: Come on, I'm gonna carry you

Hope: What?

Random Guy: You're hurt and can't run, and I can't just leave you behind, so come on up!

She did, and the man started running as fast he could, trying to get both of them out of harm's way.

Random Guy: So can you tell me now, what exactly happened back at the entrance to the city and do you know what the hell is happening in general?

Hope: Same thing that happened to you. The dead started attacking me and I had to fend for myself and run away.

Random Guy: But what where did they come from? There is no graveyard nearby, unlike here.

Hope: There was a pileup at the bridge!

Random Guy: What?

Hope: A bunch of people were trying to escape the city because apparently parts of it have been overrun by them and I think I know, how it started spreading.

- A week ago, me and my friend got attacked by a supposedly dead old man at the hospital, he ended up biting my friend, and she.....

Random Guy: She...what? She died?

- I...killed her. She attacked me and I killed her.

- No!

- She was already dead, I just put down whatever she had become.

Random Guy: So it spreads through bites then, cause I saw many of the people back at the graveyard get attacked but I couldn't make out what exactly was happening behind me.

Hope: Not exactly.

- I think people are already infected or something or whatever is bringing them back is not infection or I don't know, all I know is that the people in the pileup weren't bitten, but they still rose up and tried attacking me.

Random Guy: Man, I hope my family is okay!

- We live on the outskirts, so they are probably okay, but I want to get home before that changes.

Hope: Why don't you call them?

Random Guy: I dropped my phone in the whole mess back there. I was hoping to use yours, but I assume you're not carrying it with you, or you otherwise would've trashed it on your way here.