Descent into Chaos - E4 - The Long Way Around

-Come on dad! Hurry up!

Andrew: DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME, JUST RUN.I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU.

Hope: Dad, Come On! Get in the car!

Suddenly there was another dead person on the driver's window. Andrew couldn't get inside on that side, so he got into the front passenger's seat.

Andrew: Sit there, you're driving!

Hope: What? But I don't have a license.

Andrew: Do you think that matters right now? You know enough. Just drive.

Hope: Ok......

- Start the car....but dad.... There is no space to turn around.

Andrew: I know, there, just press the pedal.

And she did. They were able to get back for about 100 meters but in the rush of it Hope was starting to lose control of the car.

Andrew: Break, break, press the brakes.

She didn't do it in time and the car started tumbling down the hill on the side of the road, luckily landing on all fours.

Andrew: Aargh, Hope are you ok?

Hope: Urgh, my head.

- I think so. I think I'm bleeding a little.

Andrew: Let me see...It's not too bad.

- Aarhg! My hand is though.

Hope: What is it?

Andrew: I'm not sure, my shoulder hurts like hell.

Hope: You must've dislocated it or something. We have to get back home and then get you to a hospital.

Before they knew it though, they were getting surrounded by the dead who had tumbled down the same hill. They started banging on the car bringing even more of them.

Hope: Oh, no. What are we gonna do?

Andrew: I don't know. We're completely surrounded.

They waited a few minutes.

Andrew: Goddammit! There isn't a single opening.

- Ok, this is the plan, I'm gonna get out and push as many of them away as I can, then you run after me, cleaning the few right behind me and then we run.

Hope: No, you won't make it with your hand like this. One bite or scratch or god knows what else and you'll become one of them, remember.

Andrew: WE CAN'T JUST SIT HERE WHILE I'M IN PAIN AND YOU'RE BLEEDING, WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING.

Hope: Don't you think I know that? Yes we have to get away somehow but not with you dying....

- Wait?!

Andrew: What?

Hope: The sunroof. That's how we get out!

Andrew: That won't work, I can't fit through that.

Hope: You don't have to, I have a plan.

- I will get on top of the car and by the looks of it I'll be able to jump over them and then I'll lead them away so you can safely get out and walk back home. I'll cross the river by that old bridge and hopefully lose them along the way then I'll take the long way around and meet you back home.