Descent Into Chaos - E1 - A Weird Accident

The School Bell rang.

Teacher: Okay kids the class is over. You're free to go. Just make sure you don't forget to bring your essay about the "The Meaning of Life" on Monday.

Hope and her classmates all rushed to leave the classroom.

- Hope!

- Hope!

- Hope, wait a sec.

Hope: Oh! Hey, Lili. Sorry, my headphones are really loud. I couldn't hear you.

Lili: I wanted to ask you what are you going to do after school?

Hope: Um....I'm....

GIRL: Leave her Lili, she's probably going to stay home alone as the loser she is.

Lili looked at Hope.

Hope: I...I...

Hope tried to run away

Lili: Wait! Hope don't listen to Ginny.

Hope: So what if I am, what does that have to do with her? Why does she always have to make fun of me?

Lili: I said don't listen to her. I don't care what she says about you, you're not a loser. In fact you're the only one here with half a brain.

- If you don't believe me, then how about this, fuck whatever plans I had with her, would you mind me coming over for a sleepover and spending the weekend with you?

Hope: I know you've been friendly to me ever since you moved to this school but I can't believe you would go so far for me.

- Thanks!

Lili: Yeah.

Hope: I mean it.

Lili: Let's go then.

Hope: Oh, I almost forgot I have to go to the dentist today

- And there's usually a huge queue, you don't mind waiting, right?

Lili: Sure that's fine, as long as I'm with you I don't mind waiting.

Hope looked at her watch.

Hope: Oh, crap. I'm gonna be late. Let's go.

And they went off running.

The waiting room was already full so they had to wait in front of it.

Hope: Ugh.... How much longer are we going to wait? It's been an hour and a half already.

Lili: Stop, complaining. Sooner or later it's going to be our turn.

Hope: I hate waiting.

Lili: I bet you do.

- Hey, have you decided what are you going to do after you graduate?

Hope: I don't know. I want to be a writer but my dad wants me to work something that "normal people" do, so he wants me to study to become a Vet.

Lili: That sucks. My dad says that he's happy with whatever I end up doing for a living as long as I'm happy.

Hope: I wish mine was like that too.

Lili: Maybe he'll change if he reads some of your stories.

- You've written some stories already, right?

Hope: Of course I have.

Lili: Then show them to him.

Hope: He won't like them.