EARNED IT

『••✎••』Word count: 2170 words.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗
How will studying go when your husband gets home?

Turns out studying for the detectives exam was much harder than you had thought

Turns out studying for the detectives exam was much harder than you had thought. There was only one shot at passing this without waiting another two years and you weren't going to fail.

That's why there was hundreds of papers and q-cards spread out on your bed. You had calming music playing low in the bedroom and were going over all the material for your exam tomorrow.

Rummaging through papers, you hear your husband unlock the front door to the house and make his way inside. The second Tim came home,was bound to disturb your studying, so he could either help you or leave you be.

"I'm home baby" Tim yelled in the kitchen, throwing his bags down.He made his way into the bedroom, stopping when he noticed the mounds of paper littering the bed.

"See you've been working hard" he smiled and walked over to quickly kiss you.

"yea, I can't fail this Tim. You know how important this is to me" you uttered, keeping your eyes focused on the pages.

"I know but I don't want you draining yourself. Wanna take a break and join me in the shower?" he asked, stripping off his shirt. Your eyes dash to his stomach muscles flexing as his hands pull the shirt over his head.

"baby... I can't" you bite your lip at the thought, but keeping your priorities in check was the main focus tonight.

"I'm just playing. I'll help you study once I get out" he smiled and made his way to the bathroom.

𖥸┈┈┈┈┈┈𖥸

A half-hour had passed and you're getting most of the answers correct, except you're overthinking some and fumbling up. Your finger tips dig into the stack of q-cards making dents in them as you release some of your frustrations.

"ugh" you sighed to yourself, as Tim made his way back to the bedroom with only grey shorts on. His hair was damp and he held a tray of snacks for you.

"I figured you hadn't eaten anything in a while, so here" he offered laying down a tray of your favourite foods down on the side table.

He cleared spot on the bed and brushed his hand over your leg.

"you will do great tomorrow don't stress" he reassured. His calming words and thoughtfulness was getting you over the slump you were in.

"I appreciate it, I just keep screwing up this last set of questions" you formed a tight smile.

"Here let me help you" he stood off the bed and pushed your back forward. Positioning himself behind you and laying your back against his warm chest.

Your legs were touching the inside of his as he held you against his chest in a comforting embrace. The little gestures he did was what you loved about him so much.