Five

The next morning Logan woke to the noise of clothes being thrown on the floor. He opened his eyes to see James standing in front of the tiny mirror, looking disgusted. He turned when he saw Logan was awake.

"The lack of good clothes we're allowed here," He pulled at the hem of the plain t-shirt he had decided on. "Is disgusting." Logan laughed, and then winced as that alarm went off once more. He didn't think he would ever adjust to it. James seemed unphased, however.

"See you in the dining room. Be quick, or you'll be in trouble." He said, waving and leaving the room. The prospect of that was enough to scare Logan into getting dressed faster than he ever had before, and scampering out behind James only minutes later. He saw him sitting at a small table with Carlos and Kendall, and debated whether or not to join them. On the one hand they had all been nice to him so far, but they all seemed to be such good friends, and he didn't want to intrude. But before he could get too wrapped up in his thoughts, Carlos spotted him, and enthusiastically waved him over. Relieved, Logan slipped into the seat between Carlos and James, opposite Kendall.

"Hey Logan." Kendall smiled.

"Hi!" Logan said brightly, then instantly regretted it, fearing he was too excited.

"Did you sleep okay in the end?" He asked - Logan had told him about his concerns the day before.

"No," He turned to James accusingly. "Did you know you snore? Like, really loudly."

"No I don't!" James' jaw dropped in indignance.

"Yeah. You do." Kendall backed Logan up.

"Thank you! Wait, how do you know?"

"We used to share a room."

"Why did you stop?" Logan asked.

"They got caught kissing in there." Carlos said, grinning.

"Yes, thank you, Carlos." Kendall said, annoyance seeping through into his voice.

"Really?"

"Yeah." James smirked, clearly not embarrassed whatsoever.

"So, are you guys, you know, gay?" Logan asked.

"Take one look at James and answer that yourself." Kendall said, a smile playing at his lips.

"I don't look gay!" James threw up his hands.

"You kind of do," Logan couldn't stop himself laughing quietly. "I don't have a problem with that, by the way." He added quickly.

"Good, because they make it really obvious." Carlos told him.

"I don't think we do." Kendall defended them.

"Yes you do! I always see you staring at each other from across the room. You're really bad at being subtle." Carlos informed him.

"You can't talk."

"What's that supposed to mean!"

"Nothing." Kendall smiled as Carlos' would later describe it 'evilly'.

They went on to eat breakfast for half an hour (with Kendall poking James in the arm every so often when he only picked at his food), and were then escorted outside for 'physical activity', which sounded like maybe the actual 
worst thing ever to Logan. He hated P.E in school, and he was sure he would hate its equivalent here. He was soon proved right.