Seven

The next morning, feeling considerably calmer, Kendall awoke to the sound of Carlos excitedly calling his name from the other side of the room - they had been sharing one ever since he and James had been separated. He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"What is it?" He asked, yawning.

"Look!" Carlos pointed at the window, which he was standing right up against. Kendall reluctantly dragged himself out of bed and over to it. He looked over at Carlos, an eyebrow raised.  Carlos seemed shocked at his lack of reaction.

"Kendall, it's snowing!" He said, wondering if he maybe couldn't see.

"Yeah. It's Minnesota. It's gonna snow." Kendall rested his hands on the windowsill. Carlos dropped his mouth like a goldfish.

"So what? It's fun! We need to go outside!" Kendall stared at him for a moment, before finally smiling.

"Fine," Kendall was only feigning reluctance. He knew there wasn't a lot he wouldn't do for Carlos. "Get your jacket on." Carlos ran off happily, doing just that.

-

Five minutes later, the pair stood out in the snow - well, Kendall stood, Carlos lay on the ground, making a snow angel.

"You need to try this!" He yelled from Kendall's feet.

"I would rather not."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please please please please please please-"

"Okay, okay, fine." Kendall lay down beside Carlos, and moved his arms in a circle around him.

"This is kind of fun." He admitted after a few seconds.

"See? I told you! And after this we can make a snowman, and then we can get James and Logan out here, and we can have a snowball fight!" His face was glowing imagining it. Kendall smiled - despite outwardly looking as if he didn't want to participate in most things, it made him happy that Carlos wanted to include him in them.

"You know at some point we actually have to get up and see what these look like, right?" Kendall nodded at the ground below them.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that part." Carlos let Kendall help him up carefully so as to not mess up the angels. Kendall stood back and admired them.

"They came out better than I thought they would- Carlos?" He cut himself off seeing Carlos tensed up, visibly upset. "Carlos, what's up?"

"I dont like the snow on my coat," His voice had quickly changed from joyful to upset. "It's wet, and cold, and I dont like it, I dont like it."

"Then take it off," Kendall walked over to Carlos, and took hold of the jacket's zipper. "Come on, you're alright," He said, strangely soothingly. Carlos relaxed slightly. Kendall took it off, and handed it back to him. "There you go. Are you good now?" Carlos nodded.

"I'm even colder, though."

"Of course you are, you're standing in the snow in a t-shirt. Let's go back inside - we can do all the other stuff later, the snow won't be easing up any time soon." Kendall gestured to the sky, which was still throwing snow down like bullets.

"Okay!" In the blink of an eye, Carlos felt fine again.

"It's still early, we can probably get some more sleep before breakfast." Kendall relished in that.

"Don't be such a lazybones." Carlos grinned.

"Don't be such an idiot."

"Hey!"

"Sorry, sorry." Kendall put his hands up.

"Thank you!" Carlos skipped back indoors, Kendall following close behind.