To Hurt a Friend

Town of Kaycen, Fiore, Nov-2-X795

I slowly opened my eyes to darkness. I was resting over something soft but I could see nothing below or anywhere else around me, just plain darkness. I tried to focus my sight and my head hurt, so I tried to grab it with my right hand but another wave of pain hit, this time from near my right shoulder. A flash of a wooden ceiling came by, but it was blurry and faded quickly.

I took a couple of deep breaths to tried and clear my mind when I remembered that the lacrima implantation had happened recently. That must've been why the area around my right shoulder hurt. I reached out with my left hand and even though I did get a bit nauseous it did not hurt as badly.

"Lucy" a voice called from beside me.

I raised my eyes and I found Loke's silhouette against the darkness. I tried to talk but it hurt, and I knew that if I tried to reach him the pain of moving would only grow worse. I managed to turn my head a bit to look at him from a good angle. I saw he was with Aries and Sagittarius.

"Lucy, why did you do that?" Loke asked.

He had walked to my side and put a hand on my head. I locked eyes with him, our time together with Fairy Tail filling my memory. As if it didn't hurt enough yet, the memories just added to it.

"I.... had to...." I managed to say, and he looked down at me in a hurt manner.

He lifted his hand and turned away; Aries and Sagittarius gave me a sad smile and turned their backs to me too, walking away into the darkness. No, Loke, Aries, Sagittarius, please. Please don't look at me like that. Just as I was trying to say something their figures melted in the nothingness.

No, no, nononoNO! I got up but somehow, even with no floor or anything around me I hit something with my whole body, and it hurt horribly. I cried out in pain and curled into myself while breathing heavily.

"Lucy!" I heard Axel's voice call out, but I couldn't see him.

I tried to steady myself with my left arm and when I raised my eyes again, I could see Capricorn, Virgo and Taurus. They all had that uncomfortable feeling around them, like something just fell out of place and they were not sure how to place it back in order.

"Princess, you have to be strong." Virgo said with a sad look and turned away.

"It will take time, but you have to give it your all Lucy." Taurus said and left as well.

Capricorn wouldn't say anything, he looked down at me and I could feel the sadness he felt. I wanted nothing more than to apologize, I wanted to talk to them; but my body and my head hurt so much. I could barely try to crawl to them, reach out a hand to them as they vanished as well.

Suddenly I felt like I was floating, and another flash of light broke the darkness. I could kind of see Axel's face and once more I felt softness below me. I suddenly came to the realization that I must've been in that half point between the conscious and unconscious. Was it even possible to realize that while in the state itself?

"The fever is not letting down......" I heard a girl's voice, probably Anahit.

I felt a twist in my stomach and the pain in my shoulder grew. It was burning, the lacrima must be adapting to my own magic flow but since it's so strong.....uugh I think I'm going to puke. I took deep breaths to try and calm the nausea.

"We will need some time ebi, be strong" I heard Cancer's voice.

Gemini and Scorpio were there too. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore, between the pain and this horrible feeling of letting them all down. What did I do? Why did I ever say yes?