Day One

Town of Kaycen, Fiore, Nov-11-X795

I turned and groaned. I hate the recovery processes when just moving your fingers hurts like hell, it's annoying to have that feeling of sickness tied to you all day. My head was pounding, my stomach grumbling but I got the feeling that if I ate something, there was a good chance I would just throw it right back out. Everything just sucked in general. I slowly opened my eyes and met a pair of hazel ones; a fresh scent of pine filled my nostrils.

"Is there a reason why you Dragon Riders are always so close to my face?" I grumbled out.

"Just making sure you are still alive. That soup could've killed you" She said as she backed up and walked out the door.

Again these people and their "soups", I was starting to believe that they were potion dealers instead of Dragon Slayers; it kind of made more sense. What was her name again?

"Syl..via" I called out.

She re-appeared at the entrance with a tray of tea and some bread in hand. She reached my side and sat at the edge of the bed, passing me the tray so I could grab a bite.

"That's my name, what is it?" She continued.

"Oh, nothing. Just making sure I remember your name." I said as I drank a bit of tea.

"That's not the issue here, you should really be trying to remember your own name." She said with a smirk and got up from the bed.

Ok this girl is sassy, very sassy and I got the feeling tose words were just the tip of it.

"Hurry up and finish that bread. You are behind as it is, you've been out for more than a week Lazy." She stated as she walked out of the room.

I almost choked on the bread I had just bitten. I thought that thing with Axel and everyone had been just last night! After realizing the flow of time and the last events in my memory, I instinctively reached out to my key pouch. They were all there, the 14 keys. I had absolutely no idea how to work things out, but at least they have not entirely left. I held the pouch close to my chest thanking whoever was above for letting me keep my family close.

"Are you up yet or not?! Come on you blonde lazy bimbo!" Sylvia screamed from the hallway.

"I'm coming jeez!" I snapped back and got off the bed.

What the hell was up with her? What did I ever do to have someone with a grudge against me on literally my second day?! After we walked out of her place, we made our way to the Rider's Range. It was just as majestic as the first time I saw it. I could hear several roars and crashes all over, but even with the mess, it kept me at awe. I remembered how much I admired when the Dragon Slayers fought, their intense magical energy, the enormous amount of stamina they have; but watching these Dragon Slayers fight, I might just be in love. As we approached one of the arenas Bain and Axel came into view.

Axel's lightning made him pretty much invisible, you could feel the static and then the hit, but following up to its speed was pretty much impossible. His fighting style was not like Laxus's at all, as he is my only reference of something similar. Axel's fighting style flowed much more naturally and elegantly than Laxus's. I dare say even faster and stronger. That would mean, that the dude must be close to an S-Rank mage.

I rubbed my hands against my arms after one of Bain's attacks. His ice gave the cave a chilly atmosphere, but it was also very beautiful. On top of being a Dragon Slayer, he had mastered the art of Ice Make Magic just like Gray. He would set up defenses with the molding magic and then attack with Dragon Slayer Magic, it was amazing how he switched styles so easily. I wondered if he too was close to S-Rank or not.