32. mayura's hidden side

I sat on the throne-like chair in my office, the weight of the day pressing heavily on my shoulders

I sat on the throne-like chair in my office, the weight of the day pressing heavily on my shoulders. The whiskey bottle on my desk was nearly empty, a testament to the frustration and anger that had been brewing inside me. I stared at the reports on my laptop, but the words blurred together, eclipsed by thoughts of Mayura.

She had been on my mind constantly. The way she looked at me, the way she tried so hard to make me smile today—it was eating away at me. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much she had gotten under my skin. It was infuriating, but at the same time, it was intoxicating.

A sharp knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. I knew without looking that it was Rajeev. I nodded for him to enter, and he walked in with his usual quiet efficiency, bowing his head slightly in respect.

"Boss," he began, his tone deferential.

I waved away the formalities. "What is it, Rajeev?"

"The Maity deal has been canceled, as per your instructions," he said, meeting my gaze.

I felt grim satisfaction in his words. It was a small victory, but it was a start. I was determined to show Mayura that I was committed to her and to our marriage, even if it meant tearing down everything that had bound us in the first place.

"Send me the details of the aftermath of canceling the Maity deal," I instructed, my voice cold and commanding.

Rajeev nodded. "Yes, Boss. I'll send the reports immediately."

As Rajeev left, I leaned back in my chair and stared at the laptop screen. The reports started pouring in within minutes, but I barely registered them. My mind was elsewhere, consumed by thoughts of Mayura. The deal's cancellation would undoubtedly stir the industry, but I didn't care about the fallout. I cared about her.

I quickly drafted a statement to the press, laying everything out—the deal, the clause, the reason I had married Mayura. It was a bold move, one that would send shockwaves through the media and the business world. But I didn't care. Let them talk. Let them judge. I had to show Mayura that I was willing to bear the weight of my decisions, even if it meant becoming the villain in the public eye.

The document was released, and within moments, my phone buzzed incessantly with notifications. The media had picked up the story, and the headlines were as brutal as I had anticipated. "King Abhimaan's Desperate Move," "Marriage for Business," "King of Rajasthan's Shameful Deal." They could speculate all they wanted, but only Mayura's opinion mattered to me.

The day dragged on, with protests gathering outside the palace gates and investors flooding my phone with threats. But my mind was elsewhere—in Mayura. I wondered how she would react to the news, if she would see it as a genuine attempt to make amends or as another one of my manipulative moves.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the office, I made up my mind. I had to see her. I couldn't sit idly by, wondering if she understood why I had done what I did. I needed to know, to see the look in her eyes, to understand if I had made a mistake or if this was the beginning of something new.