NINETEEN

AIDEN'S POV

I recovered from the spell and the broken neck faster than usual. The guard was still unconscious. I could feel my brother but he was far.
I scooted over to the guard and unleashed my alpha form. It was the only way I could speedup his supernatural healing.
My senses heightened and I knew my eyes were glowing.
"Wake"
Few seconds later, he sprang up, panting.
He noticed me and backed away in fear. My body returned to normal and I stood.
"You must forgive me for using my alpha dominance to wake you but we need to help them. Get the guards and pack warriors that weren't at the party."
Sure enough, it was that old abandoned building at the exit of the pack. We entered through the back gate. I could smell blood and humans. Cars and buses drove in through the front gate feet away and humans with guns rushed out.
They were many. We got out of our vehicles and I stood in front of the pack warriors.
The humans had already gathered.
"Humans, we don't have to do this. You have no business with the supernatural. I advice you to leave now. Stay and you may not live to regret it", I told them calmly but impatiently.
A woman stepped out from among the crowd, her gun aimed at me. She wore a look filled with hatred.
"I advice you not to make threats, wolf, seeing as you're outnumbered. Right now, some of us are in the building putting an end to your brother and your mate"
I huffed.
"I assure you that those people won't live to tell the story of how trying to murder them turned out. And neither will you"
There was a gunshot and I felt the bullet hit my leg. I grunted and pulled out the bullet. Thankfully, it wasn't silver.
"It seems like you weren't taught that normal bullets can't kill a werewolf "
My sight sharpened and I opened my mouth exposing my already elongated canines. I and the other wolves pounced on them.
Cries of pain and gunshots rang out everywhere around the compound. We bit many humans but we made sure not to inject werewolf toxins to avoid turning any of them. After what felt like two minutes, the sound of an explosion was heard from the second floor of the building and the next thing that happened was that my mate jumped out of the window and landed. She looked pissed. She positioned her hands in a way that looked as if she was pressing something down.
"Ventus!"
A violent wind pushed us all down on the ground; both wolves and humans. The wind came with so much pressure that it was difficult to breath.
I could hear a lot of heartbeats quickening beyond control. The humans were slowly dying.
The wind was also affecting me but it wouldn't kill me and the wolves. It would only knock us out. I think Jenna knew that.
I managed to raise my head up and look at her. Her hands were still in that position. She was shouting a spell.
"Sanguis pro sanguine, exterius tegmen destrue et bestiam intus liberare"

She repeated it and the pressurized wind increased in pressure forcing my head down completely. I gasped for breath. I was slowly losing consciousness. But then there was a gunshot and a scream.
Oh no. It couldn't be.
Another gunshot. The wind died down and I looked up to see two bullet holes on Jenna's chest.
"No!!", I cried.
Another gunshot, another hole on her chest.
She met my eyes and smirked as tears fell from her eyes.
I then recalled her saying that she has nothing to lose. Tears fell from my eyes as I saw blood leaving her mouth.
More cars drove into the compound. She looked at them.
"Perfect". Then she stretched out her hands at them.
"This will end with my blood. Sanguis pro sanguine...". She was struggling. "...exterius tegmen.. des..true et bestiam intus liberare". She took in her last breath. "Ignis"
She fell and the cars that entered with all who were inside them exploded into flames.
I cried aloud and everything went silent.
The wind died down completely and we all got to our feet. The humans did so as well. They looked at us. I looked at the warriors and noticed their eyes were glowing. Then I heard my wolf growl from my subconscious.
My feet bones broke and I fell on my knees.
I screamed and I could hear the other wolves screaming.
Oh no. This isn't the right time to turn.
We were turning forcefully but it wasn't as painful as it normally is. My bones were breaking, healing and expanding instead of shrinking. I could feel my muscles expanding and my form getting bigger. All the fear I was feeling transformed into a feral bloodthirsty. I screamed but what I heard was a roar and then all the pain stopped. I stood up and was shocked that I could still stand on two feet. Then I looked at the other wolves and I whimpered. They were monstrous. I mean they were in wolf form but they were bigger and they stood on two feet and I just realized that I looked like them.
"Get silver bullets", I heard some humans saying.
I recalled my mate saying something like "even if someone manages to kill me, I'm taking that person down with me".

She cast the spell so that I and the pack warriors could take down the humans with her. I didn't know how long the spell was gonna last but I sure as hell was gonna make good use of it.
I signalled the warriors to attack. We were about to charge when there was another explosion on the second floor and someone jumped out of the window.
Ace.
I heaved a sigh of relief. When he landed- he landed gracefully of course, he looked around.
I called out to him but what left my mouth was an animalistic grunt. More cars with humans drove in. Ace looked at me and I saw a flicker of recognition in his eyes. Then he looked away. He was searching for someone.
Jenna. I felt my heart squeeze.
Her saw her corpse and he rushed over to her.
"Oh no no no. You're not supposed to die"
"Kill him", I heard one of the humans say. I growled to alert my brother but it was too late. The trigger had been pulled.
I was frozen to the spot.
But the bullet didn't hit Ace. It turned to ash. Ace got to his feet and turned to the humans looking pissed and dangerous.
"You humans, always being stupid". The clouds began to darken. "You call vampires and werewolves evil demons but in truth among all the species, your species are the most devilish of all. You didn't even allow me to grieve before trying to murder me". The wind was becoming violent and pressurized but we wolves could bear it. "This is gonna be fun"
The humans took their stance.
Ace raised his hands to his side. "Come humans. Come dance with me in hell"
"Impes!"
Many cars exploded with humans inside. Many necks got snapped.
I and the wolves charged at the remaining ones. It was gonna be a bloodbath.
Gunshots rang out in the air. I was hit by many bullets. Luckily they weren't silver.
But they were sure gonna weaken me soon enough.