Nurse

"I know you're exhausted from rehearsals but you're not leaving me are you?" He asked me as I walked in to his room. 

"No," I said, shaking my head. He walked over and kissed me briefly, his left hand cupping my face. 

"Doesn't that hurt?" I asked him.

"A little, but much better than yesterday. I think the bean bag helped." He said making me laugh. 

"See you're already getting better." I said to him. I looked at his stubble, it was all uneven. His hair was a bit long too. "Isn't this bothering you?" I asked him, my fingers gliding over his jaw where his newly grown beard was. "This too," I ran my fingers through his hair."

"You're definitely not bothering me, but yeah, I feel homeless."

"Come, I'll give you a trim."

"Okay," he said, but hesitated. 

It didn't take long for him to get into the chair and get the stuff out. The shaving cream was on and I was about to start, 

"Have you done this before?"

"Mhm," I said, my hand going to the back of his neck to keep him still. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, for Blake a couple times." He nods, but I stop him so I can continue. I tilted his head back to do under his jaw. 

"So has anything ever happened?" He asked, and I was too concentrated to understand him at first. 

"What? With Blake?"

"Yeah."

"Oh um, no, we've always been friends," I said truthfully. "Oh but there was the few kisses we've done while we're partying and drunk. But again, that's just friendly. I'm not his type." I needed to look closer so I sat on him, in a straddle position so I could do a good job. "Why do you ask Handsome?"

"Just curious," he said, distracted. I looked at his eyes to see where he was looking and it was down my top. 

"Enjoying the show?" I asked and he smiled mischievously. He looked up again, looking a little more serious. 

"I'm curious about something else too."

"Go on," I said, put on another layer of shaving cream.

"It's about Tommy," he stated and I paused for a moment. "It's not bad, I just wanted to ask you something about you and him about all those years ago."

"Okay," I said, carrying on. I didn't mind telling him anything, there was nothing to hide. 

"He was your first kiss and first time and all," he started and I nodded. "Was he also your first love?"

He asked the very question that used to haunt me. It was the reason I removed feelings with guys to make sure I didn't have to ask myself this question. 

"I've never really allowed myself to go down that rabbit hole." I said honestly, wiping his face clean. "It was a time where we were both going through a lot, he was there through hard times, especially the night of that dinner, and I guess that made us depend on each other a lot. We technically only had each other." I got his fancy beard oil and rubbed it on softly, I felt him looking at me while I spoke, watching my expression while I talked about him. 

"So, looking back, I think yes, but we were young, and most of time we were lonely." I was done, and he was holding my hips.

"Are you lonely now?"

"Absolutely not," I said, kissing him. 

"So, I have another quick question, thank you for being so honest with me," he said. "Was it because of him that you decided no feelings?"