29

"It's been a while Mr

"It's been a while Mr. Harrington" Anna, my therapist greets as I step into her office.

"Been busy" I state, sitting on the couch.

She nods, smiling kindly at me. "I'm glad you're here"

After a lot of persuasion from Caden, I decided to give this therapy thing a shot. I was against it at first because I wasn't ready to confide what I did in anyone else other than my best friends. Also this therapy shit doesn't make sense to me, like why would I pay someone to tell me things that I already know? It's a total bullshit

First time I came here was a month ago and I as much as I hate to admit, it is not that bad. These therapies gives me chance to let out all my frustrations and pain.

Anna, the mid-forties therapist has been very patient with me. She tolerates me even when I lose my shit in the middle of session.

"How have you been?"

"Good"

"Okay, today we talk about your nightmares" She says, retrieving some papers.

"What's there to talk about?"

"Anything. What are they about? When did they start? and how often are they"

Minutes past before I speak.

"After that day nightmares have been part of my life. The...incident repeats every time I close my eyes and" I shrug nonchalantly "I'm kinda used to them"

"So maybe we should work on that now"

I scoff " You don't follow, I'm not complaining okay?. Whatever I'm going through right now, I deserve it. This...is a punishment for what I"

"And that is so wrong Adr-"

"Oh what's right then?"  I snap  "pretend like nothing happened and live peacefully like everyone else?. Is that it?"

"I'm not saying that"

"What is it then?"

"Adrian I'm not implying that you should forget your past, no, because finding redemption means facing the ghosts of our past. Redemption involves the power to confront and acknowledge our past actions, mistakes and trauma, no doubt. But let me tell you this, we can be redeemed only to the extent to which we see ourselves Adrian. In the end, redemption is a journey of self-forgiveness. A true redemption is not merely about seeking forgiveness from others but primarily about introspection and self-forgiveness."

"You don't understand"

"I do"

"No because you don't know what I fucking did!" I raise my voice, the anger getting the best of me "I'm not worthy redemption or anything because I'm a monster who stole her innocence by forcing myself on her, A monster who hurt her so bad, a monster who...ruined her" I whisper the last part painfully, blinking away the tears.