☠️ Chapter 21: Y/N's Secrets ☠️

No one's pov

Y/N is playing a game with his sister involving some of their toys. It was one of the many activities they liked to do together a lot, a perfect bonding activity. Just getting lost in their own world. As they were playing a made-up story, the plot was going the way Y/N wanted it to go but his sister wasn't the biggest fan of the direction. "Hey that's not how it goes!" She whined. They argued about it for a little bit before she eventually complied and agreed to let Y/N have his way.

Y/N felt bad though, so after they were done playing, he asked her if there was any way for him to make it up to her. "Do you want more candy?" he asked her. She shook her head, "No, I get nervous when you steal from that guy." She said with her arms behind her back. "What do you want then?" He repeated. She shuffled her feet and avoided eye contact before sheepishly giving him her answer. "Can you teach me how to....... Dance?"

Y/N is confused until he realized that it must have been for a boy she liked, he teased her about which made her all flustered. After some joking around banter between the two siblings, Y/N agreed to teach her.

He took a hold of her hand and placed his other hand on her hip and had her do the same. He tried his best to show her how even though he doesn't really know either, and his sister knew this, but she looked up to him. Most of the time if she ever needed something, before going to her parents, she'd go to him, he was always there for her, and she'd never want to leave his side no matter what happens. The dancing could be summed up with low scores across the board. They shifted around, kind of dancing, their legs eventually got entangled causing them to comically fall to the ground. Y/N made sure she wasn't hurt, but she just laughed about it, causing him to start laughing with her.

"Come get dinner kids!!" Their mother shouted from the kitchen. They both looked at each other silently, before both of them bolted out of the room from the sign of the other's movement.

"Imma get there first!!"

"Hey! no fair you got a head start!!"

Y/N's pov

I was laying in my bed, an alarm on my desk signaled that it was midnight and time to get some rest. I phased out of memory lane and snapped back to reality. I've been thinking about my sister a lot recently, and not just her either, my home too. Earth. This was one of the few memories that I still have of her. I feel like my mind is eating away at my own memories, I'm starting to forget things everyday, and I don't know why.

I'm scared. The image of my dead sister that weird worker drone I dreamt of the other day showed me has been lurking in my brain and won't go away. I can't escape the bad thoughts. It made me 10 times more worried for her safety than I already was. What if she really is dead?

I then start remembering more about my home planet. The beautiful trees that grew in our backyard, the birds that made their home in them, the colorful flowers that bloomed in the springtime. The soft snow that fell during winter, although I get enough of that around here. The bright blue sky and the fluffy clouds that occupied it.

I hate Copper-9 with an inextinguishable burning passion! I've never wanted to leave more than ever, but now I don't just want to, I have to! With all the threats that keep showing up and those mysterious roars I hear coming from the distance on my long walks. This planet is getting less safe by the day, and I'm worried about what could happen. I'm worried about my friends, my colony, my sister, and Uzi. This planet... isn't home anymore.

We need to leave soon.

Uzi's pov

Y/N has been acting.... Off for a little bit now. He doesn't hang out with me as frequently. He doesn't show up to classes anymore. I asked N if he's been coming to the base last week and he told me that he hasn't seen him in a while, so he's not visiting our friends outside either. The weird part is, I think I know what he's doing. Every time I say goodnight to him, after I walk with him to his room, he sneaks off to go to this room that my dad let him occupy.