Chapter 4

The silence was deafening. His heart pounded in his chest and his face felt hot and his back felt full of knots and his arms felt limp.

I shouldnt have said anything. I should have kept my mouth shut. I just made a new enemy, didn't I? I just increased the chances of my friends getting hurt. Im so stupif and useless, why am I even still alive?

Erebus looked angry again, his eyes glowing like hot metal, and it burned to even look at him. "Freinds?"

The current king nodded, and scooted away. "Y-yes, I made an alliance w-with them as well as the Free Zombies, and n-now we- ack!"

His precessor had wrapped his hands tightly around the successors throat, forcing his back against a tree. "How dare you!"

He choked and pushed at the older royal, struggling against him. His mind was a blur as he fought against him fruitless, and tears welled in his eyes.

Erebus only tightened his grip, pushing him underneath him, a knee on either side of his body. His eyes looked so fiery and hot, it looked like they would melt like glass and burn the younger enderman's skin.

The smaller enderman looked up at him, shaking in fear as his vision started to blur with tears and lack of oxygen.

This is how I die. For real this time. At the hands of someone I hoped would be my friend. Unable to help my actual friends. Having lived, knowing I've done nothing to deserve these friends or this happiness.

But... didn't this harsh and angry enderman care before this moment..?

"E-E-Erebus..." he manages to choke out, subconsciously reaching up and touching Erebus's cheek. It was rougher and scarred.

He suddenly found himself gasping for air and holding his throat. Suddenly being able to breathe was a shock to the system, and hurt a bit, but was a relief.

The successor coughed, sitting up and holding his throat in his- still aching -hands. He was like this for a few moments, then he looked back to his precessor.

Turns out, Erebus was upright now, any harshness in his eyes now gone, wide and dazed at the moment. He noticed that he still had a hand of the older royals cheek, and he had his hand over his.

Why did his face burn more now? And why did his bones feel fuzzy?

"E-Erebus?" he asked, his voice a bit raspy from almost being strangled to death.

Erebus suddenly snapped out of his odd trance, and glared before pushing his hand away. His face was redder than usual. "You better fix this, or I will kill you myself and regain control of my army again. Feyd." He said his name like a someone pretending not to want their favorite dessert.

Before he could reply, Erebus suddenly disappeared in a puff of lavender particles.

He was alone again. He was silent for a moment, and slowly stood up. His leg still stung from stumbling into the river, but not as much as before.

Wait, why can he teleport, but I can't? That's not- something tells me he didn't teleport himself to somewhere; something just snatched him up right in front of me.

Probably the other royals that are here now; some must be his friends. He got pretty riled up when I mentioned a ghast.

Idiot, he clearly didn't like that news. Does he have something going on with the ghast?

He was almost ashamed for wondering certain things like, "will he be okay?" This was a new enemy after all, he shouldn't-

He seemed to care about me for a moment, he thought, silencing any harsh thoughts and feelings against the original enderman king. When he saw me with the water, he stopped, and he looked genuinely concerned, even for a moment.

He shook his head. No, he thought he was idiotic and incompetent. He wasn't a friend, and he certainly didn't care for the younger king.

He leaned against a tree, still examining the burns in his body. Maybe for a moment though...

The king looked at his burned hands thoughtfully, and shook his head. He had to focus. He had to go back to The large village and tell Gameknight999 that the royals were all back. That Herobrine was back. That Erebus was back.

He started walking back to the village to tell his friends everything. He had to try to make himself useful. He owed everything to those six, especially the User-that-is-not-a-user. He had to be a good ally, a good friend, and a good person.

And Feyd had to stop trying to see the good in him, or risk everything.

•••••
Hey, if you aren't new reading, I remembered a song that works for this book really well.

It's back in chapter 1.