Chapter 12

He leaned against a tree, silently watching the villagers as night turned into morning. Some were silently watching the flames burn, some were crying, some where helping where they could.

Gameknight999 had woken up within that time, but Crafter hasn't. Everyone was starting to worry, not only for him but for themselves; if he died, they'd all be Lost.

The User-that-is-not-a-user hadn't moved from the blonde's side, and was holding his small pale hand. He was visibly shaking, and hasn't said anything.

Hunter was going back and forth between everyone else, comforting everyone else and trying to take care of everyone. She looked exhausted, but undeterred; whatever the enemies' attempts were, it didn't seem to have an affect on her.

Stitcher was still silent, but was up and moving again, walking around aimlessly. Often times, someone would find her crying, yet not sobbing or saying anything. Her expression was constantly blank.

He looked to Herder, who was focusing on his animals' as much as possible, probably trying to forget what he had witnessed.

Digger was silently walking around, almost aimlessly, pacing. Perhaps he was still looking for his children amongst the survivors.

Now, what was the king of the endermen doing? Nothing useful. He only sat on the ground and wallowed in self pity, and tried to come up with something to do. A way to help. A plan of attack. To conjure up some negative feeling toward the one he knew came up with this heinous act.

But he had nothing.

I couldn't prevent this, I couldn't help, I couldn't be useful, I couldn't be good enough, his thoughts went on, I couldn't be deserving. I can't be deserving.

Was there anything he could do? Perhaps if he got to the root of the issue, everything would be fixed. The root...

Erebus.

Why did he do this? What is he trying to do?  He grit his teeth, tears rising to his red eyes. Why would he hurt them?  Why would he hurt me?

He had to confront the older king.

He stood, and turned to Hunter. "I'm going on a walk; can you handle them all?"

She nodded. "A walk? What for? Right now?"

The enderman king bent so they were eye level and whispered. "I'm going to go find Erebus. Talk to him. See if we cam fix all this."

The redhead teen folded her arms, glaring a bit. "You said he was good now. I told you how stupid that was." She gestured to NPCs behind her. "Now you see what happened? You gave him an inch and he took a mile! You can't trust him!"

The enderman king winced and looked away, biting his cheek. "Hunter-"

Hunter grabbed his face and turned it to face all the villagers. "Feyd, look what he's done!" She was fuming.

He quickly pulled away from her grip. "I know, I know! Okay? I know!"

The teen huffed in irritation, and he could feel the rage radiating off of her, and that rage hurt like hundredsof hot needles pushing into his flesh. He could tell her rage was hurting her too.

"You really need to stop trying to befriend the enemy! He's evil, and hateful, and vile, and selfish, and only wants to hurt good!"

He glanced to the woods, then to her and started backing away while he was busy with her tirade. She only went on and on.

After a while, she sighed, and turned to him. "Feyd, please tell me you understand what I'm trying to say- oh, come on!"

He was already deep into the forest, feeling for the presence he knew so well. He was calm and steady, and couldn't help but let a small smile slip as he found a direction to go.

The young king started walking, almost rushing, a bit giddy with excitement.

But his smile quickly fell as he thought about his friend's words. About what Erebus had done. About what he might do.

He reached a particularly dark part of the forest, his pace slower. Maybe they were all right about him; maybe there was nothing more than an angry hateful evil being.

I'm only hurting them, aren't I? he thought, leaning against a rock. They know him better than I do, so they're probably right about him.

The enderman pulled his knees to his chests, looking down at the grass. By trying to he his friend, I only hurt them. He hates me anyway.

I'm as bad as he is. I'm stupid and awful and selfish and naive and worthless. He hid his face in his knees, shaking.

By Notch, why can't I help them both? Why do I have to choose? Why do things always have to be so hard? Why can't I just be useful? Be worthy of friends? Worthy of love? Worthy of...

His thoughts were to loud and overwhelming again. He teared up, holding his head in his hands, gritting his teeth. He shook, and his chest felt tight and his insides felt twisted.

Everything felt too hot and too cold, and his thoughts slowly became nothing but screams.

There was sudden silence, then a small burning feeling on his cheek.

He sat up, appreciating the silence, moving his hand to his cheek as he felt the tear burn into his flesh.

That felt better. Oh, that felt so much better.

Without thinking, seeking more painful relief, he started looking frantically for the poison that would keep his mind quiet.

But as soon as he stood, he felt a clawed hand wrap around his throat, and squeeze.

The king choked a bit, and tried to reach behind him, to attack the being. "Lemme go! Let go, you- ack!"

His blood suddenly ran cold as he heard a familiar laugh and the stench of rotting flesh.

"We got you now, traitor."

Before Feyd could reply, his head was slammed into the rock, and he immediately passed out.