Chapter 3

He stared down at the younger enderman, watching him quiver. His eyes were deep red, simular to his own, but softer. He could see the stars reflect in his eyes, and the tears only made them glisten and shine more.

His skin was a dark red as well, also simular to his own, but as he held the enderman's chin, he could tell it was a lot softer. He watched as the younger enderman's bottom lip quivered, and subconsciously ran his thumb over it; soft was a rose petal.

His gaze turned to the deep burns in the smaller enderman's flesh, and he grew frustrated. And yet..

He had to admit, this smaller, weaker, more pathetic, incompetent enderman... was interesting.

Why did he feel warm and soft inside now? Like a fuzzy candle.

"W-who are you..?" the smaller enderman asked. Why did his face seem redder now?

The older enderman ignored the question. "What are you doing, subject? And why are you red?"

The younger enderman looked confused, and slowly stood on shaky legs. "I-I could ask you the same thing. I'm Feyd, the king of the endermen and second ruler of the End."

He was a bit impressed at how this one stood his ground, but focused on the conversation at hand. "Excuse you?"

Feyd tilted his head up at him. "How didn't you know? I'm your king. I- oof!"

In the blink of an eye, he had the smaller enderman slammed into the ground, on top of him, pinning him down. "What did you just say, you insubordinate red wannabe scum!" He felt his eyes burn as he glared down at Feyd.

Feyd only narrowed his eyes, but was shaking; he was scared. Good. "Who are you?"

"I am Erebus, the real king of the endermen and the king of all monsters, you idiotic waste of air!" he snapped, putting a hand around Feyd's throat, squeezing ever so slightly.

Feyd's voice was a bit hoarse. "Wait, what? What're you- oh. Everything makes so much sense now. Umm..."

"Explain, you dull worthless scab!" he snapped, glaring. Despite his frustration, he felt something warm in his chest; what the heck was it? Why has it been here the whole time they've interacted?

"I'm your successor." Feyd smiled faintly, awkwardly. Erebus felt a small burning feeling in his face, but ignored it.

"What." His grip relaxed, and Feyd sat up. They were very close now. Why did his face burn more? Why did the feeling in his chest intensify? Why... was he so interested in thus enderman.

"Well," Feyd spoke pretty matter-of-factly, "you died, and months later, Herobrine mad me in hopes to terrify Gameknight999 the way you did."

That made sense. The precessor thought a moment. "So you've come to replace me?" He chuckled, mockingly. "As if you ever could."

"Oh, uhh..."

"I have more questions," he said, folding his arms. "What 'makes sense now'?"

"I sensed you coming into the world. You dragged yourself from death, huh?" Feyd was still quivering, and was scooting away. "You and seven others."

The taller enderman pulled him back to him, getting close to his face. "Who else is here?"

Feyd let out a small yelp, and looked up at him. "I only recognize a few, but their a new generation of monster royalty, after your time."

"And the rest?" He didn't care much for this new generation; he just needed to be aware of what monster royals were here.

"I-I don't know... I don't recognize any of the others." Feyd stammered.

He sent a quick punch across Feyd's face, before grabbing his chin and turning him to face him. "At least try not to be useless. What species of monsters are there, you pathetic creature?"

The successor ducked his head, submissively. He couldn't help but smile, but that smile quickly fell. "There's two spiders, a blaze, a skeleton, a zombie, Herobrine, and a ghast."

The king- the first one -stared at him for a moment, his mind a blur and his heart racing. No, no, no, no, no. Not him. Not that ghast. No, no, no, no, no.

He started to spiral. He'll be out for me now. I can't deal with that humiliation and feeling of worthlessness all over again.

Ha! What am I thinking? He'd probably find a way to kill me. I already can't teleport right now, that must be why. He's going to ruin me all over again. Why, why him? Why-

He felt a soft hand in his cheek, and his mind immediately went silent and calm. He looked up from the ground and looked at the younger enderman, who was holding his face gently.

An odd moment of calming warmth and peacefulness washed over him, and for some reason, he relaxed at Feyd's touch.

"Are you okay?"

He pulled away from his touch, annoyed by Feyd's strangely helpful presence. "I'm fine. You clearly aren't. What made you act so pathetic and do this?" He grabbed his successors wrist to show him his hands, covered in deep burns from the water.

Feyd hissed in pain at his touch and stammered a lot now. "I-I... well, it's a long story. I died, but earned enough experience to respawn... by killing villagers."

"So?" He wasn't ready for what he was going to say next.

"Now, they're my friends, and I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt."

There was silence between the two, and any calm the king felt was now gone.

Erebus narrowed his eyes, which glowed violently as he uttered, "friends?"