Chapter 7

He stared into Feyd's eyes for a moment, trying not to practically rest his chin in his soft hands. He did so anyway, like a cat finally relaxing and getting pets from someone he's finally opened up to.

But all cats can be jerks, even in sentimental moments.

The king pulled back suddenly and shoved his successor back. "What's it to you, you pathetic blood stain?"

Feyd stumbled, and looked to him, looking hurt. "I just thought-"

"No, you didn't," he snapped, cutting him off rudely, pushing him again. "You didn't think, you assumed. You stupid waste of air." He lifted a fist and swung.

Feyd yelped and caught his wrist, looking up at him. He tried with his other fist, but the younger king caught that one too. They stared at each other for a moment, before the successor pulled the precessor into a tight hug.

He soon realized that the smaller enderman was surprisingly strong as he struggled against the affection, trying to pry him off. "What are you-"

"You know, even if you aren't used to being loved, it's still good to be loved."

He was silent a moment, and stopped struggling. Is that so? Wait, how did he know? How did he know what goes through my head? How does he know me so well?

He hesitated, moving his hands to the smaller enderman's shoulders. "Is... is that so?"

Feyd nodded, tightening his grip around the king, holding him close like a friend in need of comfort.

Maybe he was that friend?

No, he let out a low growl, simular to the sound any enderman makes when provoked. "Let me go."

"No, you need-"

"I said let go!" he shouted, pushing Feyd away before pinning him to a tree and wrapping his hands around his throat. "You don't know anything about me, you stupid wannabe!"

Feyd choked a bit, and looked to him, his dim red eyes shining with tears. "I-Im sorry, I just-"

"Shut up!" His grip tightened. Feyd whined.

This stupid scab! This idiotic waste! This naive slice of meat! How dare he! How dare he even imagine me needing him and his stupid offer of friendship and love!

Feyd reached out to place a hand on his cheek, but he knew this tactic by now, and bit into it harshly. The successor whimpered, shaking and choking. "W-wait-"

He only growled again, tightening his grip. I don't need anyone, I don't need someone to care, I don't need anyone to love, I don't need anyone to love me! I don't-

For some reason, he felt himself calm down, and he looked back into the smaller king's teary eyes. Some tears had fallen, burning his skin. He was shaking. He was scared. He was hurt.

Yet they still gleamed with hope and love. For him.

He quickly found the reason for his sudden calmness. Feyd had two hands after all.

He hesitated before slowly relaxing his grip on his throat and his bite on his hand. Feyd pulled his bitten hand close to him, and examined it.

He pulled away from the younger enderman, sitting on the ground and staring at the grass. Why did he stop? Why didn't he just kill him then and there? Why couldn't his brain function properly when he was with Feyd?

"Perhaps I'm moving too quick," Feyd said suddenly.

He looked to the young king, confused. "What?"

"I'm giving you too much too quickly. It might be too soon for hugs." Despite everything, he still smiled at him. "Would words of affirmation work for now?"

He stared at him, and shook his head, and sighed in exasperation. "You're crazy. And you don't hold grudges that well."

Feyd only shrugged, and moved closer to him. "True." He sat up straight. "So, where'd you go? Why'd you teleport away?"

He sighed. "Well, one of the monster royals can control certain things like teleportation and portals and such."

"Why?"

"No clue. Anyway, he just teleported me to himself and the other royals."

Geyd was quiet a moment. "So... Xa-Tul is there, huh? The zombie king?"

"Yes, and he doesn't look too happy."

Why am I telling him all this? He's my... enemy? The friend of my enemy is my enemy, so yes. Enemy. He didn't want to Feyd's enemy.

Wait, this whole time, I haven't focused on how to get revenge one the User-that-is-not-a-user! How could I be so distracted!

He grit his teeth, annoyed with himself. That was the whole reason he escaped the Place of Deletion, and yet he hadn't made a single move for revenge!

He had to focus. If he worked with the monster royalty, he would surely find a way to get revenge on the User-that-is-not-a-user.

And yet... he didn't want Feyd to be his enemy. An idea struck him. "Feyd."

"Yeah?" he said, tilting his head.

"I've given some things some thought. Why don't you rejoin the monster's side?" Erebus asked, containing his hopeful smile to the best of his abilities.