Chapter 4

16.05.2018, Los Angeles

Bailey went home. John was already there, waiting for her.

"Hey Bailey, how was your day?", he asked. But then he saw that something was wrong with her. He got a little bit worried.

"Bailey?", he asked, "what's wrong?" Bailey looked up at John. She hadn't realized that he was there. She hadn't even noticed that she was at home.

"Sorry", she said, "I had a tough day." She sat down on a chair by the table. John sat down next to her.

"Bailey", he said, worried about her, "please talk to me. What happened? Are you hurt?" Bailey shook her head.

"No", she said, "it's... I don't know. Today I had to help a little girl. She was lying on the freeway. Her wrists and ankles were bound. She had a deep cut on the side of her forehead. I thought she hadn't any bad injuries, but when I talked to her she lost her awareness. And after seeing her injuries I knew that we had to bring her to the OP. Now she's there. John, I'm really worried about her. I asked her about her parents but the only thing she could say was that somebody would kill her if she tells anyone."

"That's really shocking to hear", John said, "but if you want I can ask Harper if she would go to the hospital with me tomorrow. Maybe we can help the girl."

"Really?", Bailey asked happily, "thank you, John!" She hugged him.

17.05.2018, Los Angeles

John went to the police station. He would tell his T.O. about what happened. After the morning appell, they went to the car.

"Detective Harper", he said, "I have to ask you something."

"Of course, why not?", Harper said.

"It's about a little girl", John said, "Bailey told me, that she brought a girl to the hospital yesterday. She was totally scared when she found her on the freeway..."

"What?" Harper was completely shocked, "on the freeway? What happened?"

"I don't know", John said, "but she needs help. Her wrists and ankles were bound when Bailey found her."

"That's terrible", Harper said.

"I know", John said, "because of this I wanted to ask you if we can look after her today. Maybe we can find out who her parents are and who she's afraid of."

"Yes, of course we can do this", Harper said, "it's a little girl needing help. We can't leave her alone."

"Thank you", John said, "Bailey would be very relieved." They got into the car and drove to the Douglas Shaw Memorial Hospital.