Chapter 23

19.05.2018, Los Angeles

Cleo tried to get away, but the grave was too deep. She felt more and more dirt raining down on her. She tried to step on the dirt to get out, but when she did this, Colin hit his shovel on her head and she fell back down. She started to panic. No one would find her soon enough to rescue her from the cruel. No, she had to manage it herself. But her body hurted so much that she couldn't even stand up anymore. She was lying on the ground. She was surprised that she didn't panic. She already knew she would die.

After a few minutes, Zoe calmed down. She looked up at John. He looked worried.

"Should I drive, Captain?", he asked. Zoe shook her head. She didn't want John to drive. It wasn't because she was afraid of it, no, it was because she wanted to do anything. She couldn't just sit there and wait until a call comes. And she didn't want to look too helpless. She already felt it, but she didn't want that anyone else finds out. She wanted to be a good Captain. And a good Captain wasn't emotional during work.

Nyla was near tears. She didn't understand why Cleo ran away.It made her sad. It made her sad that Cleo didn't feel save. She wanted to be there for her when Zoe wasn't here. She wanted to help Cleo out of this situation. She wanted to let her feel save. But it seemed that Cleo didn't feel so. And that made Nyla sad. That Cleo ran away from the police station right into the danger. Colin was already looking for her. And now she's literally running into his arms.

Nyla wiped her tears away. She didn't want Wade to see her so. She knew that he would be worried and maybe send her home. He didn't want his officers to be sad or weak. Of course. The city needed their attention. The city needed their help. Los Angeles needed their officers.

But unfortunately Wade knew Nyla very well, but he didn't say anything. He knew that Nyla wouldn't be happy if she had to go home because of her worry about the Captain's daughter. But he had to say anything nice to her. He didn't want his officer to be depressed during work. He sighed.

„Nyla", he said, „I know it's hard for you. But you have to concentrate on work. We'll find her. I promise. But only if you're helping us." Nyla nodded. She wiped her tears away and started to drive. She knew that the Sergeant was right. She had to be concentrated.

19.05.2018

Ethan made it. He freed himself and could finally stand up and walk. The first thing he did was walking to the wall. To the hidden door. If this really was a door that goes outside, he could try to get to the police station. He could ask the cops to find his sister. But he had to go quick. He had this feeling that she was in danger.

Ethan pushed the wall. It really was a door! He went out and saw that he was on the street. He looked around. It was in LA. And luckily it was near the station. Only 2 miles away. He started to run in the direction, when he suddenly heard a noise. He looked around. There was no one. Then there was it again. Ethan listened particularly. It was screaming. He looked around again. There was a burial ground. And on the burial ground was Colin. He was holding a shovel in his hand and put dirt into the grave. Ethan heard the screaming again. It was Cleo!

___________

This chapter is also a lil but longer, I hope u like it!