Part 14: Ms. Lucy and Mr. Hinderson

Another week passed in an instant, the whole week they found themselves in the comfort of each other's presence.

Samridh was always on time. When it hit 12, a call would flash on her screen with the name "Samridh ji". He never got even a minute late even though their lunch timings had a few minutes difference. That's another thing his colleagues always wondered why he goes to the washroom at the exact time every day but he care less about it.

"Greetings, from your clingy husband! How's your day going, Princess? " That's what he always said whenever she picked up the call making Ruchi chuckle at his teasing. He never leaves a chance to tease her.

She always wondered what happened to her reserved husband now.

The whole week passed and Ruchi and Samridh found themselves closer. It was Friday night and just like other days, they were sitting cuddling each other after dinner. Ruchi leaned on his chest as she sat between his legs. He securely held her by her waist as they both watched a thriller movie together.

"Samridh ji " She squealed at something making him alerted, "What happened? Are you hurt? " He started checking what happened to her. But she tapped his biceps excitedly, "Let's go to snow land too" Samridh looked at the screen to find the female protagonist aiming at the villain in an area surrounded by snow.

Understanding her excitement he smiled at her, "Okay, let me just look at it" He gently pecked her head making her snuggle more into him as they watched the whole film.

When Ruchi woke up in the morning she found themselves still like that. They had probably slept while watching another movie. They were having a movie marathon that was decided out of nowhere. She craned her neck to the side. It was bothering her.

She got off Samridh and adjusted him properly, picking off the laptop.

She followed her daily routine and started getting ready for the day. Minutes later, Samridh too got ready and they had their breakfast together.

All set to go to Snowland.

Ruchi was beaming with excitement and Samridh couldn't contain his own smile looking at her. For the first time, they were excited for an outing.

Since Samridh had already bought the ticket online, it made the entry quick for them. Ruchi's eyes twinkled looking at the white shining snow. Though it was artificial snow, the whole feel was of a real one.

Ruchi made a ball and mischievously hit Samridh with it. His eyes widened at her naughtiness. Now he was in for a game. He made a ball too and tried to aim at her but she ran off from him. He ran behind following her gigglings.  He deliberately hit the ball behind her looking at her efforts of saving herself from the hit. Ruchi turned around to find him standing there with a cute smile on his face.

"You think, you can catch me, Ms. Lucy? Just watch my men" He repeated the dialogue and acted just like the villain of the movie they saw yesterday.

Ruchi chuckled at him and then aimed her fingers at him, "Oh! Hiderson you are just too naive " She winked at him acting to shoot from her fingers.

But instead of acting to fall, he stood tall there, "Try something else, Sweetheart".

It wasn't part of the script. Was it? Ruchi thought for a while and then smirked at him.

She brought her fingers to her lips and then kissed them, aimed at him again, firing her shots, and boom!

He fell on the snow acting to breathe for air.

Ruchi chuckled at him, "You're such a brilliant actor" She lay down beside him.

Samridh turned to her with a sly smirk on his face, before Ruchi could know he placed his hand on her cheeks that hid snow, "Not more than you Princess !"

"Argh! Samridh ji" She pushed him away feeling the cold sensation on her cheeks.

Samridh giggled at her whining and then pulled her close. She looked at him. Goodness! The charming looks he has got.

Ruchi couldn't pull her eyes away from his smiling face. She caressed his face. Her eyes slowly went to his lips then again moved to his eyes. The smile on his face was gone as his eyes hooded. He was looking at her intently. They were moving closer and closer. Their hot breath was fanning on each other's faces.

Before their lips could meet, a yelling child passed through them making both of them come out of the reverie.

Samridh immediately stood up and pulled Ruchi up. He looked around to find only a couple probably the parents of the kid and a few youngsters. He walked them aside to lessen their embarrassment.

He cursed himself for losing his control like that. He was magically attracted to her there was no doubt.

They stood in complete silence comprehending what time speak. A little while, "I am sorry", both of them said at the same time.

" Not your fault" They again said the same thing and then dropped the whole conversation.

"Let's go there " Ruchi pointed at a slide and they gladly moved toward it.

Samridh refused to slide down by it stating it was only for children but Ruchi was adamant. He. tried refusing again and then she stood with a pout. Sighing, Samridh finally agreed making her squeal in happiness.

"1... 2...3....and here you go" Ruchi pushed Samridh down the slide. It raised his heartbeat as he slid down. Something was happening in his heart. He was feeling free, He was feeling light. He felt as if he was flying. He felt like a child. 

As he softly landed on the snow, a small smile graced his lips. He had never felt so carefree before. There was always a rush in his life. For money, for food, for education, for a job. He never stopped by to fulfill his small wishes, He avoided what people called enjoyment and entertainment. When he had time and will, he had little money that he had to save and spend on his education. And when he had money he didn't have enough people in life to share it with. Well, He never had his people in his entire lifetime. 

"Woahh! Samridh Ji" Ruchi just landed behind him squealing like a child and didn't waste a second hugging him from behind, "It's so much fun! "

Indeed

Samridh caressed her hold on him. A soothing feeling erupted throughout his body.

She was his home. His solace.

And he felt alive all over again.