Epilogue

" Papa, See" Ananya showed her father the most beautiful picture he had ever seen.

The painting had the hand imprint of him, Ruchi, their five-year-old daughter Ananya, and their two-year-old son Aayush.

"Wow! My little princess is so talented " He praised her holding her up high in the sky.

They were in their garden having the most lovely time of their lives.

While Anu was painting, his little son was running after a butterfly and his mumma running behind him.

He looked at his son, Aayush. His mind went to the fateful night when they were returning home from their favorite restaurant. Samridh parked the car to attend a call and that's when they heard a shrill cry of a baby.

Upon searching they found a poly bag moving and a voice emerging from it. Their heart thudded with the possibility and as soon as it became the reality, the ground beneath their feet stumbled.

Some cruel animals in the name of humans have left a baby covered in dirt, as if a plastic doll.

Samridh immediately reached the hospital with the baby.

They couldn't find any information related to the baby. Even after six months when no relative was found, Samridh thought of adopting him.

He talked to Ruchi about it and she gladly agreed.

Then they legally adopted him. Though it was a long procedure but now they were finally happy parents of their son Aayush. Who was a naughty prince just like his mother.

Samridh couldn't help but chuckle as Aayush dramatically fell on his lap, trying to imitate the tiredness of catching the butterfly.

He tickled his little stomach making him giggle and then snuggle into his neck.

"Badmaash" Samridh kissed his cheek moving towards his rabbit wife who was now capturing Anu and her painting in her camera.

[Naughty]

She had gained weight after the pregnancy, she was now on the chubby side and she was the most beautiful person on the earth. She was Samridh's princess.

Though he never told this to anyone but he loved his wife more. She was his favorite child. Always.

He sat beside her and the naughty prince immediately jumped to his mother's lap. "Mumma" He squealed burying his face in her chest. His little hands wrapped around her trying to hold his mumma close to him.

Smiling at his children, Samridh inhaled the familiar fragrance. His hands reached near her face to gently tuck hair strands behind her ear. She blinked her eyes looking at him and oh boy! He was lost in her eyes. Those mesmerizing orbs.

Almost after seven years of their marriage, her beauty never failed to amaze him. Whenever he looked at her, only she was the focus. The other things always disappeared magically.

"Samridh ji" He puzzled out of his reverie when he heard Ruchi and Ananya screaming at him.

He followed their gaze to find his hand involuntarily making heart from the spilled paint.

Ananya laughed at his clueless face and Ruchi didn't waste a second pecking his cheeks.

Chuckling at his expression, she asked, "What were you thinking? "

"About my wife" He pouted at her trying to convince her to kiss him but was Ruchi going to fulfill his dirty demand in front of their kids?

Absolutely not.

"How sweet" She blinked her eyes rapidly making an innocent face, "Happy thinking" She patted his cheeks and then lifted Ayush in her arms, "Come children, time for lunch" She held Anu's hand pulling her inside their home.

Shaking his head at her playfulness, Samridh stood up putting the toys and colors in their place, and then moved to join for lunch not before asking the house help to clean the garden.

After lunch, the children were made to sleep. Well, it was their father's secret wish that was granted by the children themselves.

As soon as they slept, Samridh eyed Ruchi with all sorts of naughty intentions.

Did she tell how he has become more active after their daughter?

Well in his defense she has just become more alluring. A sight to sore eyes.

Not that Ruchi complains about his lover-boy personality. Absolutely not.

He tossed her over his shoulders and moved towards their room. First their office hours then their children. They only got weekends to themselves. And Mr. Asthana made sure to use the opportunity wisely.

Ruchi giggled at his Cherise cat expressions as soon as he locked their room. She pulled his cheeks. This cute innocent husband has become a naughty cute devil over the years.

But did she love him any less?

Absolutely not.

He was proving to be the best choice.

He rubbed the tip of his nose on hers, "My rabbit is being so naughty these days " He teased her caressing her back sensually.

" Look who is saying " She slapped his cheek playfully.

"Ouch!" The dramatic person he was. He held his cheek making a crying face at her that soon turned into a devilish grin, "Now the revenge will be taken " He pushed her onto the bed hovering over her making her squeal in surprise.

The next few hours were spent in passionate lovemaking. In exploring the new heights of love again.

They slept in each other's warm and gentle embrace. Their hearts beating as the lullaby.

It was only in the evening they woke up when they heard their kids shouting and screaming.

Easing up themselves, they ran out to find Ruchi's mother and father there with birthday caps.

They were decorating the house. And why not after all it was the birthday of their son-in-law the next day.

Samridh was overwhelmed yet again. The things they did for him. From his first birthday with them to this he could never convince them to not do these things for him.

But who was he kidding? They were Ruchi's parents. Would they listen to him when it concerned him?
Absolutely no.

"Papa Ji let me do it" He immediately rushed to her father who was attempting to climb on a chair.
Ruchi slapped her forehead, "Here he goes again preparing for his own birthday" Ruchi moved behind him to stop him and let her do the things.

And yes! He finally started calling her father "Papa Ji" instead of Sir.

Guess who was the happiest?

Her father of course!

They were decorating the whole house while his children were squealing around helping the elders, singing birthday songs for him not knowing the song was needed the other day.

He stood at the side smiling at his whole family.

From nothing to everything.

How did he get so lucky?

He glanced at his wife lovingly.

The love of his life. His solace. His home.

************************************

And it officially ends here💙

Thank you for being part of their journey 💙💙