Part 8: Out of love?

"Maa, what if we grow out of love?" She asked her mother but the next moment realized they were not even in love right the moment. 

"Ruchi, dear every relationship is a two-way road. Whether it's parents -child, brother-sister, husband-wife, or friends. Nothing works if the efforts are one-sided. There will be times when you will feel he is the most important person in your life but there will also be a time when you feel frustrated with him, sometimes even him asking you questions will feel like a burden to you. Yes, it happens with everyone and in every relationship. You will feel it's not working out and the same goes for him. He also might feel stuck with you at some point in time. But you know what is most important? Stopping by, relaxing, and reminding yourself yet again why are you with him in the first place and holding his hand again with more gentleness and care. With more love and understanding. 

The times, you will be angry at him, try to keep yourself together and recall what he does for you and when he goes angry with you. Give him some time, try to talk it out, and watch him share everything with you after some time. Just listen and be there for him. Guide him to be a good husband to you and let him guide you to be a good wife to him. But before that have a transparency that of a friend with him. And my child never share what is going on between you two with anyone.  No matter how close they are to you, they might end up taking advantage of the situation. 

You will have to protect your relationship, balance your relationship, and give your best. Just like you have won everyone here I am sure you will win him too."

And in case you want to leave then leave before it gets toxic. Leave before it totally destroys you and makes you lifeless. I am always there for you, My child " Her mother who was very well aware of her turmoil told from her experience. Her mother liked the duo and always wanted them happy together. As an experienced married woman, she knew what kind of fears her daughter was having and she never wanted those fears to come between their new budding relationship.

Ruchi was relaxed after talking to her mother. She understood relationship was a two-way road. They could make or break it together. 

Sighing, she got up to make something for dinner. She didn't know how to make many delicacies but whatever she knew she was best at it.

She was halfway through the dinner when the bell rang. Surprised, she quickly wiped her hands on the apron and went to open the door. As soon as she did, she found her husband standing there.

He gave a charming smile as his gaze landed on her. She was feeling giddy trying to reciprocate the same.

Her husband.

She felt shy under his admirable scrutiny. Not knowing what to do, she just mumbled a small "Hi" And moved back giving him space to enter.

He trailed inside replying to her shy greeting.

It was new. It was beautiful to have someone welcome after a tiring day.

Samridh couldn't control his smile, especially after the things he heard in his office.

Coincidently one of his juniors was newly married too. And his friend was telling him about the marital bliss he was about to get. Samridh heard them talking and felt butterflies about it.

The friend was telling his colleague how he could share anything with his wife, how she would love him, how he would have someone when he returned home, and they would go on trips etcetera etcetera.

Samridh just wondered how beautiful it really felt and just two minutes before he knew, he knew the feeling was simply out of the world.

Her opening the door of the house and greeting him with her shy smile of hers. She was happy to see him, she was expecting him, and that made him feel important.