• 02: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 •

"So

"So...what you're trying to say is that you fell here from another world?"

You looked over at Paimon from where you sat as she spoke with Lumine, the three of you currently on the beach after having just finished your lunch.

You had situated yourself near the water, basking in the warm rays of the sun when Lumine began to go over her story of how she ended up in Teyvat in the first place.

"But when you wanted to leave and go on to the next world, your path was blocked by some unknown god?"

Lumine nodded, the blond using her fingers to draw depictions of some of her memories of when she had lost her other half in the sand.

"And just like that, the god took away my brother." Lumine recounted solemly as she frowned down at the drawing of the unknown god at her feet. "Some kind of seal was cast upon me, and I lost my power. So while we used to travel from world to world, we are now trapped here." The girl pulled her hand back to her lap, and you shuffled over to take a closer look at the pictures she had made. "How many years ago was it? I don't know...but I intend to find out."

Your wings fluttered a bit on your back as you lifted your gaze to examine the side of Lumine's face, the girl now wearing a determined expression instead of a sad one.

"When I woke up, I was all alone—until I met you two." Lumine smiled, looking between both you and Paimon.

Ears and cheeks flushing, you offered your own smile back as you bumped the side of your head against hers.

"Yeah, Paimon really owes you for that." The small girl looked away, sweat-dropping as she scratched her cheek. "Otherwise, Paimon likely would have drowned. So, Paimon will do her best to be a great guide!"

As you have heard, Lumine had accidentally fished Paimon out of the ocean two months ago, which is how they met, and then a couple weeks later, the two of them had found you.

You've gotten to know the two of them pretty well since then—Lumine even taught you a few self-defence moves just in case there was ever an instance she wasn't there to protect you.

"Anyway, we should head off. Let's get going!"

Lumine nodded and stood up, you following after the two of them as they began to venture up the path towards the forest.

The three of you reached the side of a small cliff edge, Paimon beckoning Lumine to climb up while you used your wings to carry yourself to the top.

While Lumine worked on her climbing skills, Paimon floated beside you as she watched you pat some lingering sand from your feathers.

"Yknow, Paimon thinks you could learn to use your wings and tail for fighting. It would be super cool to see you flying through the air and batting enemies away like pow pow!"

You giggled a bit as Paimon punched the air with her small fists, wings fluttering behind you with the shaking of your shoulders.

"You think so? I can't really fly for long periods of time, but if you think I'd be able to do it, then I'll make sure to practice."

As Lumine finally pulled herself over the edge with a huff, the three of you continued along your way until reaching another cliff overlooking a large circular pond; and beyond that, a city surrounded entirely by water.

"Wow..." You took in the lovely scenery with wide eyes, the wind blowing your hair around and ruffling some of your feathers. This world seemed endless...and bit by bit, you'd be exploring it by Lumine and Paimon's side. As you followed said duo down to the circular pond below, you began to think back on what Paimon had said.

If you could learn to properly fight, you could help Lumine instead of being constantly protected by her. You didn't want to be a burden to the two individuals who so graciously allowed you to accompany them on their adventure.

You refused to be.

So, as they went a bit further ahead to check out the statue sitting in the middle of the pond, you began to use your wings to cross short distances for practice.

From a rock to another rock.

From the ground up to the branch of a tree.

From that branch down to the pond where the other two were.

Paimon had said something about it being a statue of the seven—specifically a statue of the anemo god. Crossing the water using your wings, you landed beside Paimon just as Lumine reached out towards the stone structure.

Suddenly, your ears twitched when the blond let out a small gasp followed by the statue making a twinkling sound. Looking up, you all examined as it had seemed to respond to Lumine's touch—a brief blue light engulfing the stone structure before a blue orb burst out from the top and disappeared into Lumine's chest.

"Ooh! Did you just feel the elements of the world?" Paimon floated over to Lumine, circling around her to check for anything amiss. "Seems all you had to do was just touch the statue and you got the power of anemo!"

You, too, stepped closer to Lumine, discretely sniffing at her and discovering she now smelled faintly of dandelions.

"As much as they may want it, people in this world can never get a hold of powers as easily as you..." Paimon crossed her arms for a moment, mulling it over as to why Lumine was the exception. Then, perking up, Paimon continued, "Ah-ha! It's because you're not from this world to begin with."

You blinked at Paimon's conclusion, still a little confused.

Raising a hand, Paimon pointed to turn our attention towards the large city in the distance.

"If we keep heading west from here, we'll eventually reach Mondstadt, the City of Freedom. Mondstadt is the city of wind, because they worship the God of Anemo." She then turned back towards Lumine, "So perhaps, because you got your power from the God of Anemo, you can find some clues there. And (Y/n)!" Jumping when Paimon suddenly called your name, you looked over from where you were staring up at the figure atop the statue, offering the guide a tilt of your head to indicate you were listening. "You might be able to remember something when we take a look around! There are also lots of bards there, so perhaps one of them has heard something about Lumine's brother!"

"Oh, yes I suppose that makes sense!" You nodded, just happy to be going along either way.

Paimon smiled, placing her hands on her hips.

"Let's move then!"

🥀🥀🥀

"Sometimes I feel like the stars are looking down at me; judging me for a sin I've committed...and I'm disappointing them even more by not remembering what I've done."
-(Y/n)