• 04: 𝑪𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒎 •

"So, suspicious travellers, what are you doing in Mondstadt?"

The four of you walked (one floating) side-by-side down the path leading to the city's bridge, Amber leading the way so she could keep watch for any potential danger.

"Lumine got separated from her brother during a really, really long journey." Paimon took it upon herself to answer, floating backwards in front of Amber. "And (Y/n) lost all of her memories! Paimon is their travel buddy, helping Lumine find her brother and (Y/n) recover her memories."

"Oh, looking for your family...? And (Y/n), your lost memories? Huh..."

Both you and Lumine nodded with small smiles, the brunette looking a bit guilty now.

"Ah...Okay! Let me finish my other stuff first, and then I can help you put up posters around the city for your brother Lumine! And then I'll give you guys a tour around to see if anything rings a bell for you (Y/n)!" Amber decided, offering you guys a first, genuine smile.

"R-Really? Thank you miss Amber! That'll really help a lot!" You excitedly clasped your hands together, stars shining in your (e/c) hues as your tail began to wag excitedly side to side.

Flushing, the outrider sheepishly rubbed at the back of her head.

"J-Just Amber is fine."

"Oh, by the way," Paimon caught Amber's attention again, said girl turning away from the sight of Lumine affectionately petting your head to instead meet Paimon's curious gaze. "What exactly is it you need to finish doing first?"

"It's simple. You'll understand in a bit." 

Amber continued to lead you all down the path before turning up a small hill just in front of the bridge.

"Ah! Look! A hilichurl!" Paimon suddenly exclaimed, pointing in the distance where said creature was walking in the other direction.

"Quick! Get it!"

Amber was quick to spring into action, rushing forward where the monster was last seen with the three of you scrambling to follow behind.

Leaping into the air, the brunette took out her bow and shot an arrow straight into the Hilichurl's face, defeating it in an instant.

Skidding to a stop behind her, a strange feeling settled in the depths of your conscience looking at the now dead beast.

This happened every time you witnessed Lumine take down these creatures.