• 03: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑶𝒖𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒓 •

Crossing the water to the other side, you gave your wings a few flaps before folding them behind your back

Slowly, very slowly, it was getting easier to cross short distances. Stretching your wings and working the muscles will probably make them stronger over time, right?

You hoped so.

All at once, you felt a chill run through your veins as a large shadow blocked out the sun from above.

"Wow! What is that?!"

Looking up, your eyes widened upon catching sight of a massive blue dragon flying overhead, the creature diving down into the forest in front of the three of you.

"There's something huge, In the sky!"

You felt a prickling feeling at the tips of your fingers, your gut twisting uncomfortably within your abdomen as you fought against your instinct to run in the other direction.

That dragon...there was something...dirty inside of it.

"It's headed towards the heart of the forest. We must proceed with caution." Paimon and Lumine ran towards where the dragon had disappeared without a moment of hesitation—yet, you couldn't get rid the sickening feeling swirling within your stomach.

You didn't like that dragon...

Gritting your teeth, you pushed down your fear and used your wings to catch up to your companions who were disappearing into the tree-line.

Spotting them hiding behind a tree, you were about to land beside them when your instincts suddenly began to yell at you to dodge.

"H-Hey, wait! What are you—?!"

Whipping your head to the side, the world seemed to stop for a moment at the sight of the large, gaping jaws right in front of you, threatening to swallow you whole.

Your head began to throb and your breath seized within your throat as the sound of your own heartbeat became deafening within your eardrums.

'Dodge! Dodge, dodge, dodgedodgedodgedodge—!'

An invisible force suddenly slammed into your side, knocking you out of the air just in time for the beast to rush past and disappear over the hills with a loud screech.

You rolled a few times before slamming to a stop against the trunk of a tree, a quiet groan leaving your throat at the pain that began to blossom in various areas of your body.