Chapter 2: Joining a Guild

When Kanna entered Magnolia, she took immediate notice of a crowd forming in front of the Fairy Tail guild hall. She pushed through the crowd to see what was going on, and was surprised. Erza and Salamander were having a test of strength by fighting each other. Erza used her requip magic to change into her Flame Empress armor, which made Salamander's fire less effective. They were exchanging blows, but the fight was suddenly broken up by a humanoid frog in a robe. She claimed she was sent on behalf of the Magic Council. She said that due to the damage Fairy Tail caused during their recent fight with the dark guild Eisenwald, Erza was being placed under arrest. Kanna could tell that wasn't the true reason, but seeing how down in the dumps the entire guild was, Kanna decided to come back the next day.

The next day, Kanna entered the Fairy Tail guild hall just in time to see Erza knock Salamander out cold with a single punch. She stood in shock for a bit, but then felt a sudden wave of drowsiness flow over her.
"The hell? I got plenty of rest." Kanna thought to herself. She looked around to see that the members of Fairy Tail were feeling the same way. That's when she realized that this was someone's magic. Kanna suddenly passed out along with the rest of the Fairy Tail guild. Everyone suddenly awoke, and the whole event left Kanna confused on what just happened. She heard some of the guild members mentioning the name Mystogan. They were saying he was a contender for Fairy Tail's strongest wizard, and that he wants to avoid showing his face. Just as a cold dark haired boy was saying the guild master Makarov was the only one who has seen his face, another strong member appears. Laxus Dreyar, he was also in the running for the guild's strongest wizard. Salamander attempted to run up to the second level to get to him, but was crushed by Makarov. Laxus claimed he was the strongest wizard, and Kanna just rolled her eyes as she walked confidently towards where the guild master was, catching everyone's attention.
"Excuse me, I'd like to join your guild if that would be alright." Kanna asked politely. The old master simply smiled and gestured toward the white haired woman next to him, saying she would handle it.
"Hi there, I'm Mirajane, though you can just call me Mira. I'd like to ask two questions before you become an official member if that's alright." Mira asked kindly. Kanna simply nodded, waiting for the questions.
"What's your name?"
"Kanna Horiko."
"And what about your magic?"
"Shadow devil slayer magic." Everyone was surprised when she mentioned she used a type of slayer magic. Salamander perked his head up.
"You use slayer magic too, so cool! Name's Natsu, nice to meet you." Kanna shook his outstretched hand as Mira stamped the guild logo onto her right shoulder.
"All done, welcome to Fairy Tail Kanna." Mira said with a smile, and Kanna couldn't help but smile back. When she entered the guild the next day, Mira frantically told the master that one of the S class quest went missing.