Chapter 3: Cursed Island

Kanna and the rest of the guild stood in shock as they wondered who took the quest. Laxus suddenly perked up and said he saw a blue cat with wings take it.
"Happy?!" Mira said in shock. Kanna had learned that Happy was Natsu's friend, and that Lucy, another new member, was likely with them. Makarov asked Laxus why he didn't do anything, and he pleaded ignorance.
"Which job is missing." Makarov asked Mira, who answered that it was the cursed Garuna island job. Makarov begged Laxus to bring them back, but he denied.
"I'll bring the flame brain back." The dark haired boy stated. Kanna jumped up with him.
"I'll go too, I need to earn my place here." Makarov allowed it, and Kanna and the dark haired boy left to find the trouble makers.

The two walked in silence before Kanna decided introductions were a must.
"I'm Kanna, what about you, what's your name?" The boy looked at her before answering.
"Gray, Gray Fullbuster. I used Ice make magic." Kanna then remembered that he was shirtless when she first saw him, and let out a sigh before she saw a familiar pink head.
"Found ya." Gray said as he snuck up on the group, Kanna was close behind. Gray and Natsu bickered back and forth, and almost started fighting, but the boatman's head perked up when he saw that they were mages.
"You guys are mages? Are you here to stop the curses?" The boatman asked. Natsu said yes, but both Gray and Kanna denied. Natsu suddenly kicked Gray, knocking him unconscious.
"If he goes back to the guild, Erza'll be the next to come." Natsu said as he threw Gray on the boat. Not wanting to be knocked unconscious too, Kanna begrudgingly got into the boat too.

They were in the middle of the ocean sailing to the island. Natsu was leaning over the boat about to puke, a weakness that was common for dragon slayers. Gray asked why the man agreed to take them to the island in the first place.
"My name is Bobo, I once lived on that island. But I escaped from that cursed place." Happy asked what kind of curse, and the man responded.

Everyone was stunned by the supposed curse, and before they knew it, they were at the island

Everyone was stunned by the supposed curse, and before they knew it, they were at the island. Lucy turned around to ask Bobo a question, but he wasn't there. Happy dived into the water to see if he fell, but came up reporting he wasn't down there. Without warning, a massive tidal wave came and swept them all away.