Chapter 4: A Demon

When the group came to, they were on the island, and it was the next day. Lucy began questioning what just happened, but Natsu kept marching forward.
"Wait." Gray called out, grabbing everyone's attention.
"I'm coming with you guys. It'd irritate me if you guys got to the second floor first, and if you guys got expelled from the guild, then that would be boring." Kanna nodded in agreement.
"Count me in too. We're already here, might as well do what we can." She said with a smile as they made their way to the village.

Once they arrived, there was a massive gate with the words "KEEP OUT" sprawled across it. A man appeared at the top of the gate, asking who they were. Lucy said they were Fairy Tail wizards, but the guard didn't believe them, and asked to see their marks.

 Lucy said they were Fairy Tail wizards, but the guard didn't believe them, and asked to see their marks

(Kanna shows her mark in the same place as Natsu's)

One of the guards suddenly yelled to strip the girls. Gray tried in order to appease them, but got a swift punch from Kanna.
"No one is stripping anyone you pervs!" Kanna yelled. The guard apologized, and opened the gate. In front of them stood the towns people, as well as the mayor.
"Hey Kanna, think your devil slayer magic can fix this?" Gray asked.
"No. For one, my magic isn't strong enough to do that without killing them yet. And two, even if it was, these afflictions aren't demonic. I would be able to smell it if they were." Kanna explained. The mayor explained that not only were the people affected, but also all the animals. Gray asked if it was really a curse, and the mayor confirmed it. He then told a tale about how a few years ago, the moon light suddenly became purple. Happy called everyone's attention to the moon, which did have a purple hue. Kanna and the others were pulled away from the moon when the townspeople suddenly changed to resemble that of monsters.

 Kanna and the others were pulled away from the moon when the townspeople suddenly changed to resemble that of monsters

The mayor said that they would turn back in the sun light, but some people didn't occasionally. This resulted in them killing these people. The mayor showed a photo of his son, one of the people killed, and it was Bobo. The mayor calmly stated that the only way to break the curse was to destroy the moon.

As the group sat in a hut given to them, Lucy urged Happy to close the window, as the mayor warned that too much moonlight could cause them to become like the townspeople. Natsu started stating ideas on how to destroy the moon, but everyone else agreed it was impossible. Natsu suggested they search the island in the morning, and all of them fell asleep.

Once the sun rose, Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Happy, and Kanna left the village to explore the island. Natsu and Gray were arguing about the moon again. Then Kanna turned around to see Lucy inside of a clock that was one of her spirits.
"Why don't you walk on your own?" Natsu asked. Lucy admitted she was scared of the supposed curse, but everyone else wasn't fazed. Everyone went silent when they all heard a rustle in the forest.

Everyone was shocked by the giant mouse, but Gray Natsu and Kanna prepared to fight it

Everyone was shocked by the giant mouse, but Gray Natsu and Kanna prepared to fight it. The mouse suddenly breathed out an obnoxious gas the smelled wretched. It laughed before and began chasing the group. Kanna turned to look at the mouse before looking at Gray, who nodded in response.
"Shadow Devil's smog!" Kanna yelled as a thick black smock appeared behind them.
"Ice Make floor!" Gray yelled as he turned the ground in front of the mouse to ice, causing it to slip. Lucy pointed out a temple, and they all ran inside, losing the mouse. They took immediate notice of the moon markings on the temple walls. Gray mentioned it was originally called Moon island, making things even more suspicious. Kanna's nose picked up a familiar scent, but then the floor suddenly collapsed. Once they landed, Kanna followed the scent, causing everyone else to follow. Kanna stopped in her tracks, causing everyone to look in shock.

 Kanna stopped in her tracks, causing everyone to look in shock

"Deliora?!" Gray and Kanna yelled in disbelief.