Chapter 5: The Truth of The Curse

Kanna looked at the frozen demon with a composed expression, but Gray's shock at seeing the demon who he seemed to be familiar with drew attention. Lucy started trying to calm Gray down, and Kanna decided to explain who the demon was to Natsu.
"His name is Deliora, known as the demon of misfortune and disaster. I heard tales of him from Eclipse, but I never thought I'd see him in this state." Kanna answered Natsu's question. Before she could ask Gray how he knew the demon, they heard voices coming closer and ran to hide. Two men could be seen. One seemed intellectual with big eyebrows, and the other was shirtless, but had an appearance that reminded Kanna of a dog. They heard the two men discuss something called Moondrip, which Kanna and Lucy assumed had something to do with the curse. A woman suddenly appeared dawning a gothic attire with dark pink hair. She referred to the men as Yuuka and Toby. The man called Yuuka referred to her as Sherry. She told them that Angelica was attack, and Toby revealed that Angelica was the massive mouse that chased them there. Natsu noted that the three mysterious individuals weren't from the island, stating that they had different scents to those of the townspeople. The three figured out there were intruders, saying they needed to get rid of them before the moon shows up, and before someone named Reitei finds out. The 3 vanished while saying they would kill the intruders since they saw Deliora. Once the coast was clear, the group came out of hiding. Gray began questioning how the demon got there out loud, stating how he knew of it in the process.
"How did they find where Deliora was sealed? It was sealed in an iceberg on the Northern continent. It's an immortal demon that penetrated the Isbin area 10 years ago. It's a devil that my magic teacher, Ur, sealed at the cost of her life." Everyone was surprised by this statement, and Kanna began piecing things together. Grays master was likely an ice wizard, and she must've used a high risk spell called Iced shell. Gray stated that Deliora could possibly be causing the curse since it was still alive. Natsu suggested he finish it off, but was suddenly slapped by Gray. Gray confirmed that his master used Iced shell, and even stated that the ice was unmeltable. Natsu suggested they go after the three individuals to figure out the demon's connection to all this, but Gray suggested they stay till the moon rises to see what happens, which they ended up doing. Gray sat in front of Deliora as the others sat farther back. Kanna decided to sit next to Gray since they shared a history with demons. Lucy summoned a celestial spirit to play some music to pass the time. The music made Gray cry, and it was stopped.

A few hours later, a sound could be heard from the ceiling. Upon looking up, they saw the purple moon light shine down on the frozen demon. Gray and Natsu ran to the source, and everyone followed. Kanna took notice of some new water around Deliora. When they reached the top, they witnessed what looked like cultist gathering the moons power. Lucy's spirit, who was still around, claimed they were trying to use a spell called Moondrip, which had the ability to melt the ice of Iced shell. The spirit went on to say that all that magic power gathering was likely the cause of the curse. Suddenly, a masked individual appeared, assumed to be Reitei, who was accompanied by the 3 individuals they saw in the cavern.

 Suddenly, a masked individual appeared, assumed to be Reitei, who was accompanied by the 3 individuals they saw in the cavern

His mask looked similar to Deliora, and Kanna noticed that Gray seemed to recognize him. Upon hearing of intruders, Reitei order the three to wipe out the village. As the mask man spoke, Gray seemed to recognize him more and more. Natsu suddenly shouted as loud as he could, giving them away. They stepped out of hiding, preparing to fight. Gray sent a wave of ice at Reitei, but he countered with the same spell. Gray called him Leon, which seemed to be his true name. Natsu rushed forward, but his torso was frozen in ice. Happy took Lucy to the village, leaving Gray and Kanna to fight. Gray pushed Natsu, causing him to roll down the cliff. Leon took off his helmet and revealed his face. Kanna turned to look at Gray.
"Look, I can tell you two got a past, but I'm not leaving. I'll handle the others while you focus on him." Gray nodded as Kanna ran forward. Leon tried freezing her, but was intercepted by Grays magic. Kanna hit the cultist with a barrage of spells, knocking them down one by one.