ch 1

It was a beautiful day, with the sun starting to set, making the day even more beautiful. The orange rays in the sky added to its beauty, and the cool breeze in the midst of summer made it perfect.

"Cupcake, baby, wait! Don't run!" a tall boy exclaimed as he chased after his little puppy. The little white Pomeranian was running with his small legs. He ran in the park to catch his puppy, but the little puppy went to a boy. He started wiggling his tail, the boy was about to pick up the little puppy, but then he came to his puppy.

"I'm sorry about him, he's a little naughty," the tall boy with dimples apologized, picking up his puppy with a warm smile.

"No problem, what's the name, by the way?" the short boy with a beautiful smile ruffled the little puppy's hair, chuckling a little.

"Oh, hi, I'm Shubman," exclaimed the tall boy, flashing his beautiful dimples.

"Oh, I was asking about the puppy," the short boy responded, chuckling along.

"Oh, he's Cupcake," the tall boy responded, lost in the beauty of the boy in front of him.

"Cute name, cute puppy with a cute owner," the short boy chuckled, playing with the puppy in the tall boy's hand.

The tall boy blushed a little, his cute dimples flashing as he inquired, "What's your name?"

"Hi, Shubman! I'm Ishan," the short boy introduced himself with a beautiful smile. "Are You new here," he asked, a little curiously...

"I just moved here last night," Shubman nodded his head.

Ishan was about to say something when someone approached him, "oyye Ishu, let's go! Mumma is calling for you."

"Mayank, I'll be there in a minute," Ishan smiled at him, turning to Shubman. "Shubman, I have to go. Let's meet again someday soon."

Shubman nodded, Ishan ruffled Cupcake's hair, and left.

Shubman put his puppy down in the grass to play with him. Cupcake started wiggling his tail, and Shubman went down on his knees, he ruffled Cupcake's hair just like ishan did. "Ishan, he's pretty" he whispered to himself.

Clouds started to get darker in the sky, half covering the moon beautifully. Shubman picked his puppy up and whispered, "Let's go home, Cupcake." He made his way towards his building, holding his puppy close.

His building was near the park, so it only took him a minute to get back to his room. He's rich, or rather, his parents are rich. He came here to pursue his dreams because his parents wanted him to join their company. But he wanted to be independent and fulfill his own dreams through hard work. That's why he left his home with his puppy.

He was tired from all the shifting. All he wanted was to sleep, but it wasn't time for that according to his schedule. So, he went to his room's balcony to get some fresh air. Cupcake joined him and ran behind him.

"Aren't you tired, little baby?" Shubman picked up his puppy, holding him in his embrace. "Did you like Ishan?" he added.    

Cupcake wiggled his tail and barked a little as a way of saying "yes".

"You know what, baby? I feel a connection with him. I don't know why, but I just saw him for the first time". Shubman reminisced about Ishan's beautiful smile. "Anyways, it's time for us to sleep now. Let's go inside before you catch a cold and if you then I won't be able to focus on my work," he added as he put his puppy down,and with him he went inside to sleep.

*************************

The next morning, Shubman was ready for his work. He found a job in a cafe, and he'll be working there until he publishes his own book. He writes to escape from reality, being the son of a rich family is not that easy. He never had any friends there, and his parents were always busy with their own work. He didn't have a close bond with them, and he was just there for his big sister. But now she's in London pursuing her career as well.

"Cupcake, come fast! We're getting late," Shubman called for his puppy, who came running behind him as he locked the door.

"Cupcake baby, we're going to my friend's house, the one I told you about, who helped us move here. You'll be staying at his house until I come back, and he'll be with me too. So his mamma is going to take care of you, he told me his momma loves puppies." Shubman went down on his knees and placed a little kiss on his puppy's forehead.

Shubman rang the bell of his friend's house, with Cupcake right beside him. The door swung open, revealing a boy who was almost the same age as Shubman. With a friendly smile, he asked Shubman to come inside.

Shubman went inside his friend's house. He greeted his friend's mother. And cupcake, It seemed like Cupcake already liked his mother as he went to her and she picked him up gently.

"Cupcake baby, don't be too naughty. I'll be back soon," Shubman ruffled his puppy's hair.

"Don't worry beta, I'll take care of him," his mother smiled as she took Cupcake inside.

"Abhi, let's go now," Shubman approached Abhi, and they both left for the cafe together.

"Shubman, I'll be there with you to help, as I'm free these days," Abhi smiled at him. Shubman already felt comfortable with him.

They went to the cafe, and the owner asked Shubman to watch them do their work so he could learn how to do it. Shubman found him sweet, just as Abhi had told him. The owner himself was making coffee for his customers because he enjoyed doing it.

"Shreyas sir, I can do my work from today. I know how to do it," Shubman smiled at his owner.

"Okay, if you want to. But please don't call me sir. I'm not that old," Shreyas said with a comforting smile.

Shubman started doing his work, taking orders with a focused expression. As he turned around, he accidentally bumped into someone, but luckily they didn't fall. He looked at the person, oh it's him, it"s ishan.