ch 9

"Where am I?" Shubman said to himself, seeing his surroundings.

He was in a place that did not seem familiar to him, but it was beautiful and comforting. He wasn't feeling scared; he looked around to see anyone, but there was literally no one.

He walked a little longer to somewhere he didn't know. He was just walking until he heard a familiar voice. He turned around to see Ishan standing in a corner with a big grin on his face.

Shubman walked towards him and soon pulled him into his embrace, hugging him. Ishan hugged him back, rubbing his back a little.

"What are we doing here?"

Shubman asked, to which Ishan just smiled and ruffled Shubman's hair, making him smile as well.

"I wanted to tell you something," Ishan spoke with an even bigger smile on his face. Shubman nodded, urging him to continue.

"Shubman, I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?"

Shubman opened his mouth in shock and soon closed it with a gasp. He then nodded, and Ishan pulled him towards him by his neck.

Their lips were about to touch.

When Shubman's alarm rang, he sighed, cursing his alarm for ruining his beautiful dream. He got up and rushed to the bathroom, still cursing his alarm.

He soon returned after taking a shower, a towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping from his hair.

He quickly got ready to go and take cupcake from Abhi's house. Cupcake likes to stay there, so Shubman lets him when Abhi insists.

As he was locking the door, someone tapped on his shoulder. He looked behind to see Ishan standing there with pink tulips in his hands.

"You told me to come here, and now you're leaving?" Ishan raised an eyebrow.

Shubman cursed at himself as he had forgotten that he had asked Ishan two days before to come to his home on Sunday.

He smiled nervously, opened the door, and Ishan entered inside.

"I'll bring cupcake here in a minute," Shubman said, about to leave when Ishan gently held his wrist.

"Are you running away from me?"

"No, Ishh, why would I run away from you?"

"I've noticed you giving more attention to Yash than me; I'm jealous."

Shubman smiled upon hearing that and stepped inside, closing the door. He hugged Ishan, burying his face in his neck.

"Let's go inside my room," he whispered into Ishan's neck.

Ishan closed his eyes, feeling the effect of Shubman's breath on his neck.

_

"These are for you," Ishan handed the pink tulips to Shubman.

Shubman smiled, taking the beautiful flowers, his dimples on full display.

"Do you know what these flowers mean? They symbolize that I want to see you happy always. They represent perfection, just like you. These flowers are as perfect as you are. It's a way of saying that I'm deeply attached to you and that what I feel for you is profound."

Shubman felt something stir in his heart as he listened to Ishan's words. It wasn't much, but for him, it meant the world. His eyes teared up a little when Ishan pulled him into a hug.

"Are you okay, Shubi?" Ishan asked, concern evident in his voice.

"Yeah, I just love it."

"Love what?"

"The things you always do to make me happy."

Ishan gently held Shubman's face in his hands, kissing his forehead.

"Did you eat something?" Ishan asked. Shubman shook his head no.

"I didn't either. Let's make breakfast".

_

They were in the kitchen making breakfast for themselves. Ishan was looking for the knife when he felt two arms around his waist.

Ishan breathed heavily, feeling Shubman's breath on his neck. "Shubman," he whispered in a low voice.

"Hmm," Shubman hummed in response.

"You know what you're doing, don't you?"

"I do," Shubman giggled, releasing Ishan's waist from his hold.

"You little piece of shit," Ishan said playfully, running behind Shubman.

They both ended up falling on the bed, still giggling. Soon they realized their positions; they were literally lying on each other. They both blushed and got up.

_

They were lying beside each other on the bed, reading a romantic novel.

As they read a cute scene about forehead kisses, holding hands, and cheek kisses, Shubman suddenly felt the urge to kiss Ishan's cheek. He leaned in to kiss his cheek, but Ishan turned around, and their lips touched. They both didn't move for a few seconds, still processing what had just happened. Shubman turned around as soon as he came to his senses. Both his and Ishan's faces still showed shock.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to," Shubman panicked, sitting on the bed.

Ishan sat beside him, running a comforting hand on his back. "It's okay, baby, don't panic."

"I'm sorry, Ishh."

"What are you sorry for? You know I won't mind."

"Why won't you?"

"I didn't want to tell you this earlier, but uhm, I like you, Shubman."

"WHAT?" Shubman looked at him with shock, not expecting this confession at all.

"It's more than just a mere liking. From the day I saw you, I've got my eyes on you," Ishan said, his voice genuine and filled with love. "Will you let me love you?"

"I always thought that no one could ever like me," Shubman said, his voice a little shaky.

"Shh, why do you think that? You're the person everyone wants in their life. You're literally the purest soul ever. Why are you thinking so low of yourself? Is this how I made you feel?"

"No, no, you always made me feel loved. I think I like you more than you do. From the day I saw you, I can't even imagine my life without you, whenever I close my eyes all I see is you, just you. Please love me," Shubman sobbed as he said that.

Ishan hugged him tightly, comforting him. Ishan let go when Shubman calmed down a little, then kissed his forehead.

"Would you like to go on a date with me, meri jaan?" Ishan smiled as he said that. Shubman nodded, hugging Ishan again. He just can't get enough of these hugs; they literally make him feel alive again.

Maybe it's the way you say my name
Maybe it's the way you play your game
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you

But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine