Chapter 42

Chapter 42

He kisses me back, softly, so delicately that he doesn't wants to hurt me. His hands lifts from my cheek, fingers threading through my hair as he deepens the kiss. He tastes like comfort, need and I press myself closer, wanting more while not knowing what has gotten into me. For a moment, just a small moment, everything in my mind disappears and there's nothing except the thought of this man.

He pulls back, hesitant and meet my eyes. "Aurora..." He trails off in a whisper. "You're not fine."

My heart catches in my throat at the sound of my name, so soft and concerned on his lips. His fingertips trace the arch of my brow, brushing lightly against my skin as he studies me.

My hand curls around his shirt, and I shake my head. "I'm fine."

"I know you're not." He whispers back, but the argument isn't there. He's not trying to convince me of something; he's just laying the truth bare.

And then, he leans in, closing the distance between us once more. His lips are back on mine, with the same urgency I hold inside me. His hands leave my cheeks, sliding around my waist and pulling me closer to him. He shifts on the bed and his kiss is no longer delicate. It's rough, consuming.

Heat pulses through me. The tips of my fingers turn warm along with the rest of my body. My fingers grip the back of his hair as his tongue delves deeper into my mouth, raising a fire within me.

His lips break away from mine for a moment, and he takes a breath before leaving a trail of his tongue down my neck. I feel his mouth on my throat, soft and warm, drawing small gasps and whimpers from me. His tongue teases my skin, tracing lines and patterns till I'm withering from within.

His hands slide over the fabric of my shirt, tracing the curves of my body. He pulls away slightly and looks at me with caution. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," I whisper back, my breath hitching as his fingers dance over the hem of my shirt, "I'm sure."

Zade needs no further encouragement. He lifts my shirt over my head, tossing it aside like it's nothing more than a barrier between us. My skin tingles under his touch as fingers trace the lines of my body, making me shiver despite the fire that's spreading through my body.

I slip onto his lap, and his hands immediately find their place on my waist, pulling me closer as our lips collide again. His kisses are rough, intense, leaving me breathless. His hands wander my back, his nails digging in slightly, causing me to gasp into his mouth.

I curl my arms around him, pressing my chest against his. My fingers disappear into his soft curls while I drag my hips forward, till I can feel his hardness pressing against my pussy.

He nearly bites into my lower lip but before he can, he pulls away, controlling himself. His hand tucks away the strands of my hair away from my hair and he places me back down on the bed before dragging down my pants to my legs, leaving me completely bare to him.

His hand slides up my thigh, stopping between my legs. His fingers dance over my sensitive skin, drawing a low moan from me.

"You're beautiful, Aurora," he whispers, his voice husky. "So incredibly beautiful," My cheeks flush with warmth at his compliment. "And all mine for taking."

His gaze lingers over my body, yet again. My insides clench at the way he looks at me each time I'm bare, naked and under him. I heave in a breath. His eyes shift from my body and onto me. He nears and cups my cheek, drawing my gaze back to him. His fingers glide down, tracing my jawline in a stroke that makes my heart race.