2 - Fighting Fire With Fire

In order to avoid future headaches, I'm sticking with calling Reno, Reno. As I've heard it in the series, cause I heard pronunciations of his name sound the same for Japanese and English listeners alike. But don't let this distract you from the fact that this man is the new Bertoldt with people trying to figure out which name he officially goes by lmao

-

In the year that passed since the loss of Tatami and Shiro, you decided to give your rifle a brand new look. It's not much, but it's something to you at least. But to honor your former friends, you have the first and last initials of your deceased friends carved into the side of your rifle.

T.M (Tatami Miyozaki)

&

S.I (Shiro Ita)

Currently, the people of Japan look up to see you flying over them, rifle in hand, plasma coming out from the soles and the back of the suit as you zoom across the packed night streets

Currently, the people of Japan look up to see you flying over them, rifle in hand, plasma coming out from the soles and the back of the suit as you zoom across the packed night streets. looking out from the suit's HUD, you exhale with determination.

Y/N: When I get visual of this kaiju, it's dead.

As you continue to fly, you switch off the safety with a cold dead stare in your eyes.

Elsewhere.

Mina walks in-between the men and women under her command.

Mina: Listen closely. A kaiju was sighted inside of a hospital. Before it can harm anyone, we need to kill it. Now, move out.

Troops: Ma'am yes ma'am!

And with that, helicopters fly into the night sky. The news outlets however are doing their job, and it's a job they do best. And that job is alerting the masses.

News Anchor: A small kaiju has been sighted within Yokohama. I repeat, a small kaiju has appeared in Yokohama. Citizens are asked to evacuate to shelters, or lock their doors. Take necessary precaution to keep yourself safe.

Reno and Kafka, who are still scared to death after Cammie reported Kafka to the JAKDF, Reno tries to persuade her.

Reno: Look, this is all just a huge misunderstanding, miss! (looks to Kafka) Quick Kafka, give her a smile!

Kafka: A smile? okay! Got it!

Kafka turns around, then looks back at Cammie to flash her a toothy smile in his kaiju form. This only makes things quite worse as if having a kaiju go inside his body wasn't bad enough.

Cammie: BLEEDING JESUS!

Cammie draws her pistol and fires at Kafka, who dodges the shots, Reno drops to the floor as Kafka continues to dodge the shots, but trips over, and stumbles into the wall, which ends up putting a hole through the wall, and shaking the entire wing of the hospital as if it was an earthquake, even causing rubble to fall down in the hallway. Cammie drops to the ground. The very moment Kafka stands back up and sees the destruction he made, he and Reno yell in shock. He looks back and forth to the wall and Reno.